I’ve got a fun little treat just in time for Valentine’s Day! These are Frog Kissing Cookies made from those yummy double stuffed OREOs and pretzels! Your kids are gonna love these!
One of my favorite things to do is surprise one of my kids’ class Valentine’s party with some super fun treat. These Frog Kissing Cookies are just adorable for my 2nd grader’s class this year. This recipe will make 18 Frog Kissing Cookies.Print
- 1 package of double stuffed oreos
- 1 bag of Green candy melts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 container of small edible eyes
- 1 container of wilton confetti sprinkles quins, green ones only
- 1 container of wilton confetti sprinkles hearts, reds only
- 36 mini pretzel twist
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- Once the candy melts is fully melted and smooth add in the coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Gently place an OREO into the candy melt and using a fork, flip it over so that its completely coated.
- Carefully pick it up with the fork and gently tap it on the edge of the pot to remove excess candy.
- Place each OREO onto the cookie sheet.
- Before each OREO dries, carefully and slowly place the eyes standing up towards the front on the OREO.
- Also, gently place a red heart into the crease of the OREO off center for his tongue.
- Before it dries, place a few green confetti sprinkles around the top for the spots on a frog.
- Repeat all steps with remaining OREOs.
- Freeze the cookie sheet of OREOS for 15-20 minutes until hardened.
- Once the OREOS are hard, remelt the candy melts.
- Dip two pretzels at a time into the candy melts.
- Pick up each pretzel using a fork and lightly tap the edge of the pot to remove excess again.
- Place the pretzels with bottoms facing each other on the cookie sheet to form the legs.
- Place each OREO on top of the freshly dipped pretzel legs.
- Once all are done, freeze the cookies a second time for 10-15 minutes until the frogs are hardened.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Have a cookie sheet ready with either wax paper or parchment paper. I feel like wax paper is easier to remove them.
To melt the green candy melts you can either use the double boiler method, which takes way too much time for me. So, I use the microwave method by putting the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heating them 30 seconds at a time and stirring until they are completely melted and smooth.
Once the candy melts are fully melted and smooth, add in the coconut oil and mix until well combined and smooth. Carefully place one OREO at a time into the melted candy and with a fork, flip over the OREO so that its completely coated. Then, gently pick it up with the fork and lightly tap the OREO on the edge of the pot to get any excess candy off.
After you dip each one, set it on the cookie sheet. Before it dries, you need to work fast and do the eyes, tongue and back. Carefully and slowly place the eyes standing up on what you will decide is the front of the OREO. Then, keep repeating these steps. Then, slowly place a red heart into the crease of the OREO for the tongue. Lastly, place a few green confetti sprinkles around the top for the spots on a frog.
Repeat all of this for each OREO. Once you are done, pop the cookie sheet into the freezer to harden for 15-20 minutes.
Once OREOS are hard, remelt the green candy melts and use a new parchment paper or wax paper. Then, dip two pretzels at a time into the candy. Use a fork to pick up the pretzels and tap them on the edge just like you did previously with the cookies to remove any excess.
Place the pretzels on the cookie sheet with the bottoms touching each other like in the picture above. Then, place the OREOS on top of each set of pretzels. Pop them back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes to harden.
Wrap them in little cellophane bags to serve for the class party! Enjoy!