These Monster Mash Halloween Cheesecake Bars are perfect for the party with their whimsical colors and decorations.
- 32 OREO cookies
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- green, orange, purple, and black gel food coloring
- confetti sprinkles in orange, green, and purple
- candy eyes in assorted sizes
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- In a blender or food processor add the 32 OREOs with their creme filling. Pulse on high until they are crumbs.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Pour the butter into the food processor and pulse a few times to thoroughly mix it into the cookie crumbs.
- Layer a 9 x 13 pan completely with foil so you can lift out the cheesecake when it’s done.
- Press the OREO crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool while making cheesecake batter.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees.
- Place the top rack in the middle of the oven.
- Add a large cookie sheet to the lower rack, and fill it halfway with water.
- Cream together the sugar and cream cheese until they are smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix until they are incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, sour cream, and flour and mix until smooth.
- Divide the batter into four bowls and color each one a different food coloring gel — black, green, purple and orange.
- Spoon each color in its entirety in one section of the crust.
- Gently swirl where each color butts against each other.
- Place the cheesecake into the oven right above the pan of water and bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven.
- If it’s no longer jiggly in the middle, it’s done. Otherwise, check back every 2-3 minutes until no longer jiggly.
- Allow it to cool for an hour or so on the counter. Then, place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Let the cheesecake sit on the counter for about an hour after pulling it out of the fridge before decorating.
- Add coordinating sprinkles to each color.
- Use a tube of frosting to add pairs of eyes all over the cheesecake.
- Use a hot knife to cut into squares.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cheesecake, halloween desserts, desserts, halloween cheesecakes, hallowe