Do you have a favorite dessert? Mine is probably a close toss up for cheesecake or gooey cake bars. Gooey cake bars are one of my downfalls. I have to send them to work with my husband, or I will enjoy that entire pan. Now I’ve taken gooey cake bars to the next level with these Gooey Unicorn Bars!
These are the perfect treat for your little girl’s party. These make a great sleepover treat or the birthday party buffet. They’re simple to make and come out looking just magical!
Gooey Unicorn Bars
The crust of these Gooey Unicorn Bars is made from white cake mix that you’ll color with pink food coloring. Then, you’ll press it into the pan.
Next we’ll make the cream cheese layer and mix it until it’s creamy smooth.
I just realized when I said my favorite dessert was either cheesecake or gooey cake bars — they both have cream cheese in them. I love cream cheese in so many things. Have you ever put it in your whipped potatoes? OMG, next level!
As a unicorn fan, this is the best part! It’s time for the sprinkles! Can you really ever have enough sprinkles? I don’t think so. Make sure to add a good layer of sprinkles. As the cheesecake part is baking, they’ll sink down a little. When it’s finished, you can even add a few more sprinkles if you want to make it a little prettier.
Then, it’s just a matter of time to let those Gooey Unicorn Bars cool before cutting into squares and serving. If you have leftovers, which I doubt will happen, store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Unicorn & Fun Dessert Ideas
If you need additional treat ideas for a unicorn, rainbow, or even a fun kid food spread, I’ve got your covered. Here are several ideas you’re going to love:
- Rainbow Unicorn Cupcakes
- Homemade Bubblegum Ice Cream
- Unicorn Ice Cream
- Mini Unicorn Ice Cream Cakes
- Bubblegum Fudge
- Unicorn Poop Edible Cookie Dough
- DIY Rainbow Frosting Twinkies
- Cotton Candy Fudge
Take those gooey cake bars to the next level with pink sprinkled Gooey Unicorn Bars!
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 egg, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- pink food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make crust layer, combine cake mix powder, 1 egg, and butter.
- Add pink food coloring to crust.
- Press dough into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- For gooey layer, mix cream cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar together.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Topping things off with sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 32-35 minutes.