If you look around this blog, you might suspect that Halloween is my favorite holiday, and you’d be right! I love decorating for Halloween, and this Creepy Spider Egg Sac is perfect to decorate outside easily and for cheap!
This is a super cheap and super easy DIY Halloween decoration. The only supply I did not buy from the dollar store was the polyfil stuffing I had on hand. However, as an idea, you don’t have to buy a big ol’ bag of stuffing, you could just use a second bag of the white spider web at the dollar store and use that as stuffing. It will work just fine.
Creepy Spider Egg Sac
1 pr of white tights
25-50 black plastic spider rings
3-4 larger spiders
1 spider web
1 black balloon
1. Cut a leg off the tights.
2. Fill the balloon with water to about the size of a large orange and tie off.
3. First, insert a handful of stuffing into the leg.
4. Then, insert the balloon into the leg and work the stuffing to come up around the balloon.
5. Next, add some more stuffing on top of the balloon and work it around the sides so that there is a marbled look of white and black to look like lots of baby spiders inside. Add a bit more stuffing on top to give it more of an egg sac look.
6. Hot glue spiders all around the sac to look like they are coming from under the sac. Glue more closely together towards the bottom and less as you go up the spider sac.
7. To attach the spider sacs, you can use push pins or adhesive hooks like 3M Command. I was able to just tie mine onto the light fixtures.
8. Once the spider sac is hung, spread spider web all around to add to the festive look.