[disclaim]This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.[/disclaim]
Next to Halloween, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s all about the food. The food! We have this family recipe for dressing (I’m not sure if that’s a Texas thing or a Southern thing, but everyone here calls it dressing) that is the best I have ever tasted. And, I am a connoisseur of dressing and stuffing. If we go to a restaurant and they have turkey and dressing, that’s usually what I’m eating.
I could probably eat it every day for the rest of my life and be happy. However, the work it takes to roast a turkey and make a pan of dressing is way too much for my weeknights. So, I’ve made a rather hybrid version that includes chicken for a weeknight casserole. I made it over the weekend, and my family was jumping for joy. It is everyone’s favorite meal, and it’s just so easy!
I combine one package of Martha White® Buttermilk corn bread and one package of Sweet Yellow Cornbread and make one big batch of cornbread.
After it cools I tear it up and that’s the beginning of my Cornbread Dressing Casserole.
In a big bowl I combine the cornbread, 1 package of Chicken stuffing mix, 2 cans of chunk chicken, a 32 oz box of chicken broth, 1 teaspoon of sage, and 1 stick of butter. You’ll mix it all up, and it will look very soupy. But trust me, it comes out amazing.
I cook it for 30 minutes, stir it up, and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Then let it sit for a couple minutes before serving. My family loves to have it with turkey gravy.Print
Love Thanksgiving dinner? Then, try this delicious casserole that will bring back those holiday memories.
- 1 package of Martha WhiteÂ® Buttermilk cornbread
- 1 package of Martha WhiteÂ® Sweet Yellow cornbread
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 6-oz cans chunk chicken, drained and shredded
- 1 package of stuffing mix – I like Chicken or Turkey flavor
- Combine both Martha WhiteÂ® cornbread baking mixes with 2 eggs and 1 1/4 cups of milk, and follow the package directions for baking.
- After cornbread is done, allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Tear up the cornbread into little pieces and pour into a large bowl. Mix in a package of stuffing mix.
- Add 32 oz of chicken broth and mix thoroughly.
- Drain both cans of chicken and shred.
- Add the chicken and the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir, then bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Click HERE to find your local Kroger, so you can grab some of these great Martha White® Baking Mixes!
What do you think you’ll make with Martha White® Baking Mixes?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.