One of my family’s favorite meals is my homemade creamy chicken noodle soup. But, when it’s still scorching hot outside, hot soup boiling on the stove is the last thing I want to make. So, I turn it into a creamy delicious casserole that’s ready in about 30 minutes. I can even cook this one in the toaster oven so we don’t heat up the house.
Another reason I love this easy and quick meal is I can get all the ingredients at the Dollar General. We live in a very small town. Our only grocery store is Dollar General, and I love that I can pick up everything I need for this meal right there. You can find these products and more at Dollar General!
While the egg noodles are boiling, I preheat the oven and mix up all the ingredients. You can totally make this your own. My family loves carrots, so that’s usually my favorite veggie for this casserole, but you can add peas or mixed veggies or something else.
When the egg noodles are done, drain them, and then put them right into the other ingredients while they’re still piping hot to melt everything together.
Pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes and then let it cool for 5-10 minutes while you set the table and get everything else ready. This is also so great to take for lunch the next day, too!Print
- 1 12 oz. bag of wide egg noodles
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 10.5 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 10 oz cans of chunk chicken, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can of carrots, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare egg noodles according to package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken, carrots, and spices.
- Drain the egg noodles and add them to the soup mixture while still hot.
- Thoroughly mix up and transfer to the casserole pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the noodles on the top just start to get a tiny bit brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 3 x 3 inch square
If you’re wanting a meatless option, you can substitute cream of mushroom soup for the cream of chicken soup as well as leave out the chicken and just add extra veggies like sliced mushrooms and a can of mixed veggies.
This is one of my favorite meals to whip up with a few veggie sides and a salad. It’s so creamy and delicious, and everyone loves it!
Looking for other meal ideas? Discover DG easy meal recipes at Dollar General!