This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
Weeknights can be super busy. Often I will combine canned foods with fresh ingredients to make a quick and delicious meal on weeknights. Enchiladas are a favorite around here, and they are very easy to make with just a few ingredients.
A few nights ago we had tacos for dinner, and I brought out a casserole dish of something new — Sloppy Joe Enchiladas. They’re full of ground beef and MANWICH and topped with red enchilada sauce mixed with WOLF brand chili. They were such a total hit with everyone that I’ve already made them again.
At Walmart, you can find all these ingredients — from fresh cilantro to MANWICH. I was able to pick up everything I needed in one shopping trip.
Here’s how I make this super easy dish in just a few minutes.
First, spray the 9 x 13 dish with PAM Olive Oil spray. With all the sprays I’ve tried, I always go back to PAM because it really works at stopping food from sticking.
After the ground beef has been browned and drained, add a can of MANWICH. It adds such a great flavor to these enchiladas.
Once the meat is ready, it’s time to put the enchiladas together, which takes just a couple minutes.
For the sauce, I combined WOLF brand chili and about a cup of red enchilada sauce. This combo adds a really nice kick, which is perfect to warm you up on a cold winter night. My son and husband love spicy food, and they really liked the heat from this combination of sauce.
Then, it’s time to cook the enchiladas. Instead of baking in the oven, I cover the dish with plastic wrap and heat for 5 minutes in the microwave, and they’re perfect!
Once the enchiladas have cooled for a few minutes, I add cilantro and diced avocado.
I have a secret tip to chopping cilantro the easy way. Instead of chopping and removing the stems, which can be so time consuming, you comb it! In just a minute you’ll have a pile of cilantro to add to a dish without any stems!
- Wash the cilantro in a bunch and then dry it in a paper towel.
- Hold it by the stems.
- Place a bowl or saucer underneath the bunch you’re holding.
- Then, run a fork through it quickly like a comb over and over until you have enough cilantro.
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 can of MANWICH
- 8 oz colby jack cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can WOLF brand chili – no beans
- 1 small can of red enchilada sauce
- 10 flour fajita-size tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Spray a 9 x 12 dish with PAM Olive Oil spray.
- Chop half of a large onion.
- Brown the ground beef.
- When the ground beef has been browned and drained, add a can of MANWICH and cook until it’s hot. Then, remove from heat.
- When the meat is almost done, head the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/10th of the meat or about 2 full tablespoons of meat, and then add the cheese and onions.
- Roll up each enchilada and place side by side in the dish.
- When all enchiladas have been rolled, mix together the red enchilada sauce and chili. Heat it up for about a minute in the microwave.
- Then, pour the sauce over the enchiladas. Top with cheese and onions.
- Cover the enchiladas with plastic wrap, and then microwave for about 5 minutes.
- While the enchiladas are cooking, dice up a ripe avocado.
- Use a fork and comb through the cilantro to easily chop it without stems.
- Remove enchiladas from the microwave, Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with cilantro and diced avocado.
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
Find more easy to make recipes that are perfect during the cold winter months by visiting this link: Yes You Can Recipes!