Here’s a fun twist on pumpkin pie for the holidays! Make some Pumpkin Pie Shots! You can make them with or without alcohol, so everybody can enjoy them! This post contains affiliate links.
If you love pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice drinks, you’re gonna love this little tasty shot!
What do you need to make Pumpkin Pie Shots?
You’ll need instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, and pumpkin puree. You’ll also need ground cinnamon and ground cloves (or pumpkin pie spice). You’ll need fresh whipped cream or whipped topping as well as graham crackers to finish them off.
Plus, if you want to make the alcoholic version, you’ll need horchata liqueur.
Can you make Pumpkin Pie Shots without Alcohol?
Yes! The basic recipe is made non-alcoholic. So, this is a kid-friendly holiday drink!
Can you make Pumpkin Pie Shots with Alcohol?
Yes! The recipe includes how to add horchata liqueur to the recipe to make it alcoholic.
What’s horchata liqueur?
It’s a creamy rum-based drink that tastes of vanilla and cinnamon.
How do you make Pumpkin Pie Shots?
First, we’ll make the vanilla pudding. Whisk together instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups milk until it becomes thick in texture.
Next, we’ll add the pumpkin and spices. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
If you would like to make these with alcohol add 2 oz horchata to the mix as well and whisk everything together until it’s well combined.
Fill the shot cups with the pumpkin mix.
Top each glass with whipped topping.
Shake ground cinnamon on the whipped cream.
Top off with a graham cracker.
Chill until ready to serve.
Can you make these Pumpkin Pie Shots ahead of time?
Yes, prepare the pumpkin mixture up ahead of time and go ahead and put it in the glasses.
I would recommend making the mixture up a few hours early, but not the day before.
When you’re ready to serve, add the whipped topping, cinnamon, and graham cracker.
More Pumpkin Recipes
More Holiday Drink Recipes
- The Tipsy Reindeer Cocktail Drink
- Arctic Polar Bear Milkshake
- Slow Cooker Mulled Apple Cider
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Milkshake
- Apple Cider Shake
- COCO inspired Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate & Bone Dippers
Pumpkin Pie Shots
- 1 box (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon (more for topping the shots
- 1/3 teaspoon clove
- 3 cups milk
- whipped topping
- FOR ALCOHOLIC VERSION: add 2 oz horchata liqueur
- Whisk together instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups milk until it becomes thick in texture.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and clove.
- If you would like to make these with alcohol add 2 oz horchata liqueur to the mix.
- Fill the shot cups with the pumpkin mix. Top with whipped topping.
- Drizzle with cinnamon and top off with a graham cracker.
Come Join Us!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube!
Come over and join us on Facebook in the group Recipes, Crafts, and more with TipToe Fairy or Sewing and Crafting with The TipToe Fairy!