Use a dinosaur toy to make this RAWR-some Dinosaur Footprints Cookie Pizza! It’s easy, fun, and the kids and will absolutely love it! Plus, you don’t need to make cookies from scratch. You can use any refrigerated cookie dough to make it! This post contains affiliate links.
I like to make my cookie pizzas in a spring form pizza pan. It’s larger at 12 inches in diameter compared to the normal cheesecake spring form pan. It makes it easier to remove the cookie pizza.
I usually take the lazy way and use store bought cookie dough on a weeknight treat like this, because it saves a lot of time. For this one, I decided to mix it up a little. I had both peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie refrigerated dough, so I used both.
I thought it would be fun to have dino footprints going over chocolate chips and peanut butter candies. It’s a bit like when you see dinosaur footprints in the wild and they are set in stone with rocks.
For this cookie pizza, I set the cookie dough out to warm up a little, so it would be easy to break up. I tried to put it around as randomly as possible to mix both flavors of cookie dough together. Then, I smushed it all together.
Then, I baked it according to the temperature listed on the package. With a cookie pizza, it takes about 25-30 for it to be cooked all the way through.
As soon as I pulled it out of the oven, I pushed the dinosaur feet into the cookie while it was still very soft. Our favorite fire-breathing dragon is playing the part of the dinosaur today because she has some awesomely huge dino feet. Then, I popped it in the fridge to cool down before decorating.
The decorating is the best part because you can add all kinds of edible decorations. There’s so many things you can add from chocolate rocks to caramels. Let your imagine go wild!
More Dinosaur IdeasPrint
This is an easy and fun Dinosaur Footprints Cookie Pizza to make for your Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom movie-watching night.
- 2 packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package of refrigerated peanut butter cookie with peanut butter candy cookie dough
- 1/2 cup chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips
- 7–8 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 7–8 fun size butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- green frosting
- white frosting
- Randomly break up the 3 cookie dough flavors and drop into the 12-inch pizza pan.
- Smush the cookies dought together to form the pizza.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Immediately, gently smash the dinosaur’s feet into the cookie.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Combine the chocolate sandwich cookies and butterfinger candy bars in a small food processor and crush completely.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Stir between microwaving. It’s ready when it’s completely smooth.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into each footprint and gently smooth is around to fill the entire footprint.
- Use white frosting to spread about the edge of the cookie and around the footprints. Then, add the crushed cookie/candy bar mixture to completely hide the white frosting.
- Next, use a grass tip on a tube of green frosting to make grass randomly around the footprints and edge of cookie.
- Then, it’s ready to serve.
Then, it was time to watch the movie with a slice of dino cookie pizza. Yum!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Universal Pictures at Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.