My favorite time of the year is winter for so many reasons, but one of my favorite reasons is that blood oranges are in season! You can find them at all the grocery stores for the next couple months. They have this sweet and tangy flavor that I just love.
Blood oranges are a natural mutation of the orange. Anthocyanin is an antioxidant that gives it the beautiful red color. You can not always tell what the inside will hold just from looking at the outside. They aren’t always pretty like regular oranges on the outside. Sometimes they have some maroon blushing on the skin, and other times, they look just like plain oranges. However, the inside can range from looking like a regular orange to a deep blood red.
Here are some delicious recipes to try from drinks to desserts. Which one will you make?
- Blood Orangeade
- Blood Orange and Thyme Spa Water
- Blood Orange Strawberry Smoothie
- Sparkling Blood Orange Drink
- Blood Orange Gin
- Blood Orange Mimosa
- Blood Orange Frozen Margarita
- Blood Orange Cosmopolitan
- Cranberry and Blood Orange Sangria
- Blood Orange Chess Pie
- Blood Orange Mini Pies
- Blood Orange Curd
- Charred Blood Orange Tart
- Chocolate Blood Orange Tart
- Victoria Sponge Cake with Blood Orange Curd
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Brown Sugar Meringues with Blood Orange
Blood Orangeade is one of my favorite drinks in the winter months. But, I can’t wait to make a few of these! Which one looks good to you?