I am not a morning person. But, I am a mom, which means I have to pretend to be a morning person on school days, so sometimes we have smoothies for breakfast like this Blood Orange Strawberry Smoothie.
I want something easy and quick that’s also good for my kids. And on top of that, they like variety. There’s only so many days in a row that you can eat cereal or frozen waffles before you’re sick of it.
I got a little inspiration for a smoothie from one of my favorite drinks, an Orange Julius, and one of my favorite fruits, blood oranges. Add some strawberries and some vanilla yogurt, and you’ve got an amazing smoothie!
You are going to love this! It tastes so good. It’s full of fruit and yogurt, and is perfect to start the day. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also packed with:
- 21 Vitamins & Minerals
- 13 g of Protein
- as much Calcium as a 6 oz cup of yogurt
How do you make a Blood Orange Smoothie?
Juice 2-3 blood oranges (or regular oranges).
Then, strain juice.In the blender add milk, yogurt, orange juice, sliced strawberry, ice, and 1 package of French Vanilla Breakfast Essentials.
Pulse for a minute or two until ice is completely crushed.
Pour 1 cup per glass.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Top Secret Peach Berry Avocado Smoothie
- Simple Berry Smoothie
- Cotton Candy Yogurt Smoothies
- Drink an Aphrodisiac Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup blood orange juice
- 1 giant strawberry (or 2-3 normal-sized ones)
- 1 package of Classic French Vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials powder
- Juice 2-3 blood oranges (or regular oranges). Then, strain juice.
- In the blender add milk, yogurt, orange juice, sliced strawberry, ice, and 1 package of French Vanilla Breakfast Essentials.
- Pulse for a minute or two until ice is completely crushed.
- Pour 1 cup per glass.