Recently, I’ve been lusting after roasted berries. With strawberries in season, Roasted Strawberry Crostini topped with my french cream sounded heavenly.
I decided to roast a batch of fresh strawberries and then make crostini with toasted french bread, those delicious roasted strawberries and topped with french cream. This is so dang good — like I want to eat it every day of my life good.
Roasting strawberries is really very simple. Plus, you can make a huge batch because there is so much you can do with roasted strawberries from adding them to breads to making salsa.
I love the dark roasted coloring of some of the strawberries with the strawberry juice all over the pan. I just want to scoop up a spoonful.
Before making this, I had no idea what crostini was. Silly I know. It’s basically toasted french baguette until it’s super crunchy and topping it with all kinds of things from savory to sweet.
This Roasted Strawberry Crostini is probably one of my most favorites. My family definitely loved it, too. They devoured it and begged for more.
We didn’t have a single leftover roasted strawberry. But, if you do, make sure to keep them sealed in the fridge and use them within two days.
More Fruit Desserts
- Simple Plum Pasties
- Apple Plum Skillet Cobbler
- Spiced Apricot Cheese Tarts
- Easy French Strawberry Cake
- Simple Plum Clafoutis
- 1-2 pints of strawberries, washed, hulled, and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- French Cream
- 1 loaf of sliced french bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Then, slice the bigger ones in half.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- While roasting the berries, make up a batch of French Cream.
- Toast 6 pieces of sliced french bread for 10 minutes to make them extra crunchy, almost like croutons.
- Top each slice of toast with a few strawberries. Then, top with a dollop of french cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.