This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeatballPerfection #CollectiveBias
With a family, preparing weeknight dinner can be such a hassle and take up a lot of time. But, with Cooked Perfect Meatballs, you can make quite a few different recipes without spending all night in the kitchen.
Did you know National Meatball Day is March 9, 2017? Meatballs are my kids’ favorite things to eat (and mine, too). Sometimes I take the time to make them from scratch. But, I also always like to have a bag or two of Cooked Perfect Meatballs in the freezer for easy meal ideas. Cooked Perfect Meatballs are crafted using select meats, real cheeses and savory herbs and spices – making them a delicious on-hand option for family dinner. They have a few different varieties from Italian Style to Turkey, and you can find them in the freezer aisle at grocery stores like Walmart.
One of my go-to recipes is Cheesy Meatball Ravioli Lasagna. I use frozen cheese ravioli instead of ricotta cheese and lasagna noodles. It makes lasagna so much simpler to put together. While it’s baking, you can do what you want — maybe relax and watch a show or help the kids finish homework.
My family prefers meat sauce with meatballs, so I start off by browning about a pound of ground beef and combining it with a large jar of spaghetti sauce.
However, you can totally skip the meat step and just go right to heating the meatballs in the sauce.
Add the meatballs directly from the freezer into the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes. Since the lasagna bakes in the oven, you don’t need to heat them for very long. I take it off the stove after about five minutes when the sauce is nice and bubbling.
Then it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Make sure to spray the casserole dish with a non stick spray like olive oil. Then, add a layer of meat sauce or plain spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the dish.
Layer the frozen cheese ravioli on top of the first layer of meat sauce. You don’t even have to cook the ravioli ahead of time!
Next, take half the sauce and meatballs and pour over the first layer of cheese ravioli.
Sprinkle 4 oz of mozzarella cheese on top of the meatballs.
Then, layer the second half of the cheese ravioli. With my big family of five including two teens, I use about 1 1/2 bags of frozen cheese ravioli, but if you have smaller kids, then one bag should be fine.
Next, top the second layer of ravioli with the rest of the sauce and meatballs.
Then, top it off with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cheese is melted, and it’s nice and bubbly around the edges.
Remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving, which is just the perfect amount of time to get the kids to set the table and add a couple of sides like garlic toast and salad. Dinner is served!Print
- 1 lb ground beef
- 45 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 bags frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 bag Cooked Perfect Meatballs – Italian Style or any variety
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce to the ground beef in the pan and simmer until bubbly.
- Add meatballs to the pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until it returns to bubbling again.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with olive oil spray.
- Add a thin layer of meat sauce without the meatballs to the very bottom of the pan.
- Next, add one layer of frozen cheese ravioli across the dish.
- Take half the meatballs and sauce and pour over the ravioli.
- Top with half the cheese, about 4 oz.
- Add a second layer of frozen cheese ravioli on top of the cheese.
- Pour the rest of the meatballs and sauce over the ravioli.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cheese and melted and sauce is bubbling on the sides.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Want to celebrate National Meatball Day? Pick up a bag of Cooked Perfect Meatballs to share with friends and family in the freezer aisle at the grocery stores. Click HERE to locate Cooked Perfect Meatballs near you!