Do you love funfetti cakes and cupcakes? Now you can make Funfetti Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies drizzled in icing, and the best part is they’re made from boxed cake mix! These are absolutely perfect for a totally fun treat that goes perfectly with unicorns and princess and birthday parties! This post contains affiliate links.
The kids are going to love helping with this one. Who doesn’t love mixing in colorful sprinkles and chocolate chips into buttery cookie dough? Yum!
My Favorite Cookies Recipes
- How to Make Crushed Butterfinger Candy Bar Cookies
- Easy and Delicious Fudge Stuffed Cookie Bars
- DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Brownie Cups
- Cannoli Cookies
What ingredients do you need to make Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You’ll need basic ingredients plus a cake mix and the sprinkles and mini chocolate chip cookies. Here’s the list:
How do you make Iced Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Add the cake mix and eggs to a bowl. Mix well with an electric mixer or wooden spoon.
Next add the melted butter and mix again.
Once your dough is formed, we’ll be adding in mini chocolate chips and sprinkles, fold mix until incorporated.
Scoop each cookie onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden on the edges.
Allow to cool 15-20 minutes before icing.
In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk.
Drizzle the thick glaze over the cookies and top with more sprinkles.
Can you substitute a different cake mix for the vanilla cake mix?
You can substitute any type of white or yellow cake mix. You could also use a chocolate cake mix for a chocolatey treat, but the sprinkles don’t show as well.
Can you make these Iced Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies ahead of time?
Yes, these are perfect for a bake sale! You can make them up a day or two ahead of time and they look so gorgeous in ziplock bags or cellophane bags with the sprinkles and chocolate chips and icing. Kids LOVE these!
How do you store leftover Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Make sure you wait at least an hour after icing the cookies before bagging them up into a sealed zipper baggies or cellophane bags. Keep for 4-5 days.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 powdered sugar + 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Add cake mix, eggs, and melted butter to a bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and sprinkles, fold mix until incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop and place each cookie onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tbsp milk.
- Drizzle the thick glaze over the cookies and top with more sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.