Everyone loves a superhero! Are you and the kids excited for the new DreamWorks movie Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie? We cannot wait to see it! We’re going to an early screening so I can share my review with all of you, so be on the lookout for that!
My kids loved the Captain Underpants books, so in celebration of the movie, we’re making Evil Zombie Nerd Milkshakes! Do you remember when the aliens — Zorx, Glax, and Jennifer — pretend to be lunch ladies and serve the whole school the milkshakes? Everyone turns into Evil Zombie Nerds! Now that school is out, it’s the perfect summer treat!
These milkshakes are incredibly easy to make, and your kids are going to love them. Here’s how I like to make them:
To make our Evil Zombie Nerd Milkshakes, they need a bit of zombie blood oozing down the cups. We’ve decided zombie blood is probably green. To make the zombie blood, mix a few drops of neon green food coloring with corn syrup in a baggie and let it refrigerate for about 30 minutes. This way, it will stick to the cups better before you pour in the milkshake.
Just snip off the corner of the baggie and squirt down the inside of the cups to add some delicious zombie blood.
Now to make the milkshakes, I thought mixing vanilla ice cream with Tampico Tropical Punch instead of milk would be a perfect tasty treat. Tampico Tropical Punch is the perfect Zombie Nerd Juice to make our milkshakes. Tampico is already one of the kids’ favorite juice drinks, and they have actually partnered with DreamWorks for the launch of Captain Underpants, introducing a bunch of fun games and giveaways on Facebook. Keep reading to learn more!
Pink milkshakes mixed with the green zombie blood makes a great combination!
Once you’ve made the milkshake, just pour it into the glass. Then, top your milkshakes off with swirls of whipped cream and add a sprinkle or two of some rainbow candy.Print
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 5-6 drops neon green food coloring
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Tampico Tropical Punch
- whipped cream
- Add 5-6 drops of neon green food coloring to corn syrup and stir until it’s totally colored.
- Pour the corn syrup into a zipper baggie and snip off a tiny corner.
- Drizzle the green corn syrup around the inside of the glass.
- Combine the ice cream and Tampico.
- Pour into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Add a straw and let the kids turn themselves into Evil Zombie Nerds! Hopefully Captain Underpants and Harold and George can come to the rescue and save them!
In partnership with DreamWorks’ animated comedy “Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie,” Tampico Beverages, one of the world’s leading beverage brands, is introducing its “Unbottle Laffter” contest. Participants can enter now through 11:59 p.m. EST July 13 by visiting Tampico’s Facebook Page and commenting on a contest post. The first 20 entrants to respond to a contest post will receive a family pack of movie tickets. Additionally, every entrant will be automatically entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize: a pair of tablets for laughing, learning and enjoying life together. The grand prize winner will be announced July 14. Participants are also invited to enjoy Tampico’s Prank Board, a collage of hilarious sounds in the style of Captain Underpants.
Participation is easy:
- Every two weeks, visitors of Facebook.com/DrinkTampico may enter the contest by providing creative responses to irresistibly silly superhero requests posted to the page.
- The first 25 entries to every contest post will be awarded with a family four-pack of movie tickets valued at $50 via Fandango.
- Every participant is automatically entered into the sweepstakes for the Grand Prize: a pair of tablets (Large “Superhero” and Mini “Sidekick” size).
The Prank Board can be accessed by all at: UnbottleLaffter.tampicoiscolor.com.
Participants must be age 17 or older to be eligible. For more information, including no-purchase entry, visit TampicoIsColor.com.