This Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole is so simple to whip up for an easy weeknight dinner. It’s even perfect for making up ahead of time to give to friends who just had a baby or for a potluck, too.
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1 package of orzo pasta
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of half and half or cream (refill the soup can)
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Make the orzo according to the package and drain.
- Drain the 2 cans of tuna and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the cream of chicken soup to the tuna.
- Pour in some half and half or whipping cream into the empty soup can and add that to the tuna.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and add it to the bowl.
- Add the orzo pasta and stir up everything.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Melt 1 stick of butter.
- Crush the sleeve of Ritz crackers and pour into a bowl.
- Add the butter to the crackers and mix with a fork.
- Spread the cracker/butter mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: tuna noodle casserole, tuna casserole, easy weeknight meals, easy school night meals, tuna