It’s time again for the Peanut Butter Bash! This time our ingredients were peanut butter and maple syrup! I went a little healthy and made Vegan Peanut Butter Pie! It’s drizzled in dark chocolate, which is vegan, too.
An easy peasy vegan dessert!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 package of mini pie shells
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Chill the coconut milk. If you have the time, put it in the fridge overnight. If you DONT have the time, wrap the can in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Do not shake the coconut milk. Open it carefully and scoop out the cream that has risen to the top. Do not use the coconut water.
- Combine the coconut milk (about 1/2 cup), the peanut butter, and maple syrup and whip until creamy.
- Spoon into 4 small graham cracker crusts.
- Chill for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and then drizzle over the top of each tart.
I was trying to grab some ideas from Pinterest, when I saw a few recipes for peanut butter mousse made vegan style with coconut cream. I thought it would make a great little mini pie.
I read all over the place about putting the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and then scoop the cream off the top the next day. Who the heck has time for that? Not me. So, here’s my little secret to getting the cream in just 30 minutes:
- Wet a paper towel and wring it out just a little.
- Wrap it around the can of coconut cream
- Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When you pull it out the paper towel should be hard from being frozen.
- Voila! You open the can and the cream has risen to the top!
This recipe is so easy peasy, and what’s even better? It’s no bake!
All you have to do it make the peanut butter mousse, put it in the mini pie shells, refrigerate for an hour, and then melt dark chocolate chips and drizzle on the pies.