A couple of weeks ago Nate and I had a nice little date night at home to watch a Harry Potter movie. I made all kinds of goodies from Butter Beer popcorn to Pumpkin Pasties. I also made mugs of Hot Butter Beer, which was delicious, and I promised to share the recipe with all of you.
Today, on this cold, drizzling day, perfect for snuggling on the couch and watching movies, I’m finally sharing my recipe. I’m sure you’re wondering what it tastes like. Well, do you like pralines? I know that’s sort of a Southern thing so you may have never tasted it in your life.
Hmm, I’m thinking. Ok, do you like penuche or brown sugar fudge? That stuff is so good. It melts in your mouth into this delicious tasting yumminess. Well, that is what I’m reminded of when I drink Hot Butter Beer. It tastes just as rich as that brown sugar fudge, so much that I can only drink one mug of this stuff.
It’s perfect for cold weather or turning out the lights and watching the Christmas tree lights flicker. Your kids are going to love this! Now that my three have had a taste, they snuggle up to me and sweetly ask for me to make it.
Check out how easy it is to make:
This recipe will make about 4 mugs of Hot Butter Beer.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons hot butterscotch topping
- 1 cup cream soda
- Combine milk, butter, and brown sugar and whisk together. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir and heat for an additional 3-4 minutes until milk is foaming.
- Remove from microwave and whisk together until the butter is well mixed in and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat hot butterscotch topping for 30 seconds. Then, stir in 2 tablespoons of hot butterscotch into the milk mixture until completely dissolved.
- Next, add in 1 cup of cream soda and mix well. (You can cheat and add root beer if you don't have cream soda, but it's much better with cream soda.)
- Top with Hot Butterscotch Whipped Cream.
I beat together 2 tablespoons of hot butterscotch topping and 1 cup of whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then, I spoon is on top of each drink and stir just a little to get it to melt into the Butter Beer. Then, I add the dash of cinnamon.
Have you made any Harry Potter recipes before? And what’s your favorite Harry Potter movie/book? I’d have to say books #6 and #7 are my favorites. I could not put them down. It’s all I could do was read them, lol.