[disclaim]This post was sponsored by Lionsgate as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.[/disclaim]
Can you believe the latest Hunger Games movie is about to be here – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2? My husband, my teenage daughter, and I are huge fans. We all read the books. We’ve gone to the midnight showings for all the movies.
We cannot wait for the last one!! Because we were so excited, we invited a few friends over this weekend and had a Mockingjay Finale party.
In the Mockingjay Part 2, Katniss teams up with her closest friends — Gale, Finnick, and Peeta with the help of District 13 to assassinate President Snow and free the citizens of Panem. The mortal traps, enemies, and moral choices that await Katniss will challenge her more than any arena she faced in The Hunger Games.
We watched Mockingjay Part 1 to catch up before part 2 comes out on 11/20. I created food to go along with the movies, and we played lots of games.
I even found this awesome The Hunger Games card game. If you’ve played Love Letters or Coup, it’s somewhat similar. You are either a District Citizen or a Capitol Citizen and everyone has to figure out what you are.
I put together a few themed ideas for the food:
- Prim’s Feta Dip with bread from the Mellark bakery
- Deadly Nightlock Punch
- Katniss’ Stew
- President Snow’s Cupcakes
- Nightlock Tarts
You can make your own Deadly Nightlock Punch. It’s such a delicious drink. Everyone loved it and had more than a glass. If you’re having an adult themed Hunger Games party, you could add blueberry vodka to jazz it up. We had the non-alcoholic version. Here is the recipe:Print
A fun party themed punch to celebrate The Hunger Games.
Deadly Nightlock Punch
- 1 bag frozen blackberries
- 2 bottles of ginger ale
- 1 bottle blackberry juice
- 1 bottle blueberry juice or blueberry nectar
- fresh blueberries for garnish
- 1 bag of frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (4 pie crusts total)
- 1/4 cup cream
Deadly Nightlock Punch
- In your beverage dispenser combine all ingredients and stir.
- Add some ice to chill.
- When served, add a few blueberries as garnish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll each pie crust and using a 6-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 3-4 circles. You will end up with 12-16 mini pie crusts.
- Combine in the frozen berries and sugar and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the fruit and sugar.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of berries to the center of each mini pie crust.
- Fold the pie crusts edges inward around the circle. Do this for all the pie crusts.
- Place each tart on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of the tarts with cream.
- Using the tablespoon of sugar, sprinkle each tart with a little sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Category: drinkdessert
- Cuisine: American
I also made some arrows from feathers, glue dots, twine, and short wooden skewers, which I placed all around the tablescapes.
We had a great time, and everyone loved the party, especially the food!
Enter below to win 1 of 5 $100 Fandango gift cards to purchase tickets for Mockingjay – Part 2! The contest runs from Wednesday, November 4, 2015 through Thursday, November 22, 2015.
*I-C will randomly select 5 winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes.
Stayed tuned where I share a few more recipes from our party later this week!
Don’t forget to get your movie tickets in advance and go see Mockingjay – Part 2 this opening weekend.