I love cinnamon rolls. However, I am horrible at making them. Do you want to know why? Because of the dough. I do not like making any kind of bread and roll dough. When I try making homemade dough it just never comes out right, even when I try the “never fail” methods. Oh, it’s a fail alright.
So I like to make it easy and use products like Pillsbury Crescent Rounds. They make amazing, flaky delicious cinnamon rolls. They are buttery and melt in your mouth delicious.
First, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and pour into a pie dish.
Next, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the butter and mix it up. Set aside.
Open and unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Rounds.
Take the softened butter and spread over the entire dough.
Next, mix together white sugar and cinnamon and spread over the entire dough.
Take each perforated strip and roll it into a cinnamon roll. Then, place them spaced out in the pie dish.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown . Then, it’s time for the icing!.
Combine the powdered sugar, 1/4 of a vanilla bean (or vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract), cream cheese, and cream. Beat until completely smooth.
Pour the frosting over the cinnamon rolls and spread.
On Christmas morning these are what you want to make for breakfast. They are perfect for holiday mornings when you want something special for the kids, but you don’t have much time.
You can get all your ingredients right at Albertsons for these Cinnamon Rolls from the Pillsbury Crescent Rounds to the cinnamon and cream cheese. It’s all there!
And, the best thing? You can make these babies in just 5 minutes. In 20 minutes, you have easy peasy gorgeous cinnamon rolls on the table. You’ll probably even have to make two batches.Print
Easy peasy cinnamon rolls made from Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1/4 vanilla bean)
- 1/4 cup of cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a glass pie plate, pour the melted butter and mix with the brown sugar. Spread it all over the bottom of the pie plate.
- Open the tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rounds and unroll the dough.
- Do not separate it yet.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough.
- Combine white sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle liberally all over the dough.
- Take each perforated Crescent Round and roll it up into a cinnamon roll.
- Place each cinnamon roll in the pie plate with a couple inches of space around each one.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Then, remove from oven.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over the cinnamon rolls and spread around.
- Serve immediately
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
What’s your favorite holiday breakfast?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway (please use name of your local store) . The opinions and text are all mine.