[disclaim]This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayPairings #CollectiveBias. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. [/disclaim]
When you’re entertaining this holiday season, it doesn’t have to be a turkey dinner that takes all day. I’ve got a great meal to share for a simple entertaining idea that will take you less than 30 minutes, and your guests will never know!
I picked up all my ingredients at Walmart for this meal from Estancia wine to Barilla Pronto pasta to Pepperidge Farm cookies and crackers. I can always find anything I need for the holidays at Walmart.
Walmart has such a great selection of super premium wines at awesome prices. When I picked up some Estancia Pinot Noir, I thought it would pair wonderfully with pasta, so I also grabbed some Barilla Pronto pasta. I just love this pasta because there’s no boiling! You can cook the entire dish in one skillet.
We go to this little Italian restaurant that has been around forever. They have this amazing pink sauce called Dama Bianca. My husband just loves it. I decided to create my own version at home, and I think it was a success. He just loved the whole meal from the wine to the pasta to the chocolate cookies. I think I might serve this again for a holiday gathering.
Here’s how to make this delicious Dama Bianca sauce right along with your pasta in just 10 minutes.
First, set a timer for 10 minutes. Then, turn the fire on high and in a large skillet add 3 cups of water and the Barilla Pronto pasta.
Next, make sure you keep stirring it occasionally. It can get stuck to the pan if you don’t. At this time, add all the spices and cheese.
Around the 5-minute mark, the pasta should be turning tender. Add the crushed tomatoes. Let it continue to simmer and cook, still stirring occasionally.
At the 9-minute mark pour in a cup of cream. Wait until the pasta is nearly finished cooking so you don’t burn the cream.
Slowly stir the cream into the pasta and red sauce.
One the cream is completely mixed into the red sauce, then simmer and stir gently until the pasta is completely tender. When it’s ready, remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 4-5 minutes before serving. As it cools, it will absorb more and more sauce.Print
A quick and easy meal perfect for holidays or any time!
- 1 package of Barilla Pronto Linguine (or Spaghetti)
- 2 heaping tablespoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped onion
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of cream
- In a large skillet over high heat, add cups of water.
- Then, add the pasta.
- Stir it occasionally, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the all the seasonings: garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, onions, Parmesan cheese.
- Once the pasta has softened and some of the water has evaporated (usually around the 5 minute mar), add the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Let it continue to simmer and stir occasionally. If it starts to stick to the pan, turn the heat down to medium high.
- At the 9 minute mark, add the cup of cream and stir it up gently.
- If the pasta is al dente, remove from the fire and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes before serving. It will soak up all the pasta sauce while it’s sitting.
- If the pasta is still too hard, let it cook for another couple of minutes before removing from the fire.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
I paired this amazing meal with Pepperidge Farm Distinctively Delicious Crackers and Cookie Collections for a wonderful holiday meal. I set them both out on silver platters, and it made the evening feel just a bit extra special.
Walmart is the go-to place for your holiday entertaining needs. Be sure to visit the Simple Entertaining Hub HERE to find out about a tasting or pairing event at a Walmart near you!