This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #TysonBlackenedChickenStrip #CollectiveBias
As a family of six, we are very busy, especially on weeknights. We’ve got marching band, tennis, and dance lessons, and my husband is frequently working late. These busy nights are when I love a good sheet pan recipe where I can just lay everything out and cook it all together, and dinner is ready. Sheet Pan Cajun Rice Bowls with Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips are perfect for those busy nights.
Table of Contents
How to make Sheet Pan Cajun Rice Bowls
When making a sheet pan meal with veggies, make sure you choose vegetables that will cook in the same amount of time as your main entree. The Blackened Chicken Strips only take 18-20 minutes to cook, so I chose fast cooking veggies like squash, zucchini, bell peppers, and asparagus. This way everything is done at the same time.
Make sure to spray the sheet pan liberally with cooking oil spray so nothing sticks. Then, layout the veggies. Next, drizzle the vegetables in olive oil and finish them off with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and about a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning shaken all over the veggies. Then, add the Blackened Chicken Strips to the sheet pan before popping the sheet pan in the oven.
While the chicken and vegetables are in the oven, make brown rice to serve along with them. You can make it quickly a few ways such as in the microwave or the instant pot. This recipe makes about 3-4 rice bowls, so I prepare 2 cups of uncooked rice. This will give you 4 cups of cooked rice, which lets you put one cup in the bottom of each rice bowl.
When everything is done, just start with the layer of rice and top it with the veggies and 3-4 Blackened Chicken Strips. This looks so good, we might just need another dinner night of Sheet Pan Cajun Rice Bowls. Yum!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Low Carb Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Butter Steak and Zucchini Bites
- Cowboy Brisket Casserole
- Chicken Minestrone Soup
Have your weeknight dinner ready in a less than 30 minutes with these Sheet Pan Cajun Rice Bowls.
- 1 package of Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 large squash, sliced thin
- about 20 stalks of asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spray the sheet pan liberally with cooking oil spray.
- Thinly slice the squash and zucchini.
- Thinly slice the bell peppers.
- Cut the stalks of asparagus to about 6-7 inches in length.
- Spread all the veggies on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the veggies with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Add the Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips to the sheet pan.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the veggies look done.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare 2 cups of uncooked brown rice.
- When the rice is done, fluff it.
- Prepare 4 bowls each with 1 cup of cooked brown rice, and top with veggies and Blackened Chicken Strips.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!