This Chicken Minestrone Soup is one of those weeknight meals that takes 20 minutes and tastes like it’s been simmering all day. Perfect for busy school nights.
Using canned veggies, beans, and meats, I can make a variety of soups and stews easily and quickly for dinner. One of my family’s favorites is Chicken Minestrone Soup. It’s so delicious and hearty, and the kids just love it.
How to make Chicken Minestrone Soup
Start off with a big pot and add Prego® Italian Sauce.
Add Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup next. I just love the flavor it adds to this Chicken Minestrone Soup. The combination of the rich, thick, and flavorful Prego® Italian Sauce with the great-tasting Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup make this soup delicious.
Next, drain the canned veggies and add them. I tend to pick mainly carrots and diced potatoes since that’s what my kids like.
Before you add the Swanson® Premium Chicken, make sure to drain and rinse it. I also shred it a little more before adding to the pot. I use it quite often in soups and casseroles because it’s already cooked and ready to use for quick and everyday meals.
Then, add some diced Italian-style tomatoes. Do not drain the tomatoes before adding.
Drain and rinse the kidney beans and cannellini beans before adding them.
Wash a fresh zucchini and quickly chop it up and add it along with the beans. This takes just a minute, but if you’re in a big hurry, you can always add a bag of frozen squash and zucchini instead of a fresh one.
When the macaroni feels done, add about 2 cups of fresh baby spinach and stir it up. Then turn off the fire immediately.
This soup is just magical. It looks like it takes hours of simmering on the stove, and it’s done in less than 20 minutes! Plus, it always seems to hit the spot.
More Soups & Stews
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tomato Beef Stew
- Hearty Country French Stew inspired by The Nightingale
- 1 jar Prego Italian Sauce
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can diced potatoes, drained
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can Swanson Premium Chicken, drained, rinsed, and shredded
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese
Chicken Minestrone Soup
- In a big pot, pour in the jar of Prego® Italian Sauce.
- Drain the carrots and potatoes and add Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- Add the Italian style diced tomatoes
- Drain and rinse the Swanson® Premium Chicken and shred it. Then, add it to the pot.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and add to the pot.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and add to the pot.
- Slice and chop a zucchini and add it to the pot.
- Put the pot on the fire set on High.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- When soup reaches a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- When the pasta is soft, add the baby spinach and turn the fire off.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.