This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
On school nights, it can be hard to get a good dinner made and ready for the family. The kids have after school activities and homework, and many nights my husband works late. Since it’s very important we all eat dinner together, I have been known to take a few shortcuts in recipes for a quick and easy dinner, and Walmart makes that easy.
Using canned veggies, beans, and meats, I can make a variety of soups and stews easily and quickly for dinner. One of my family’s favorites is Chicken Minestrone Soup. It’s so delicious and hearty, and the kids just love it.
Ready to shop for delicious Campbell Soup Company ingredients? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
This is one soup where I can run through Walmart to grab all the ingredients in a flash. It’s full of Prego® Italian Sauce, Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup, Swanson® Premium Chicken, some canned veggies and beans, and fresh zucchini and spinach.
Not only can you have this soup done in less than 20 minutes, but you can whip up some Strawberry Lemonade Tea with V8 Splash® while the soup is cooking on the stove. Check out how I make both of these:
Chicken Minestrone Soup
Start off with a big pot and add Prego® Italian Sauce.
Add Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup next. I just love the flavor it adds to this Chicken Minestrone Soup. The combination of the rich, thick, and flavorful Prego® Italian Sauce with the great-tasting Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup make this soup delicious.
Next, drain the canned veggies and add them. I tend to pick mainly carrots and diced potatoes since that’s what my kids like.
Before you add the Swanson® Premium Chicken, make sure to drain and rinse it. I also shred it a little more before adding to the pot. I use it quite often in soups and casseroles because it’s already cooked and ready to use for quick and everyday meals.
Then, add some diced Italian-style tomatoes. Do not drain the tomatoes before adding.
Drain and rinse the kidney beans and cannellini beans before adding them.
Wash a fresh zucchini and quickly chop it up and add it along with the beans. This takes just a minute, but if you’re in a big hurry, you can always add a bag of frozen squash and zucchini instead of a fresh one.
When the macaroni feels done, add about 2 cups of fresh baby spinach and stir it up. Then turn off the fire immediately.
This soup is just magical. It looks like it takes hours of simmering on the stove, and it’s done in less than 20 minutes! Plus, it always seems to hit the spot.
Now while the soup is cooking the macaroni, I like to make a pitcher of Strawberry Lemonade Tea using V8 Splash® and regular iced tea. Down here in Texas we always have a glass of iced tea with dinner, and I like to change it up every once in awhile and add some flavor.
Strawberry Lemonade Tea
Fill the pitcher halfway with V8 Splash® Strawberry Lemonade. It’s definitely one of our favorites because it’s “Deliciously Fruity, Wonderfully Refreshing.”
Then, steep a family size tea bag with 4 cups of boiling water. To do this easily in the microwave, just use a glass pitcher and add 4 cups of water and a big tea bag and heat for 4 minutes until boiling.
Pour the tea into the pitcher with the V8 Splash® Strawberry Lemonade and add one extra cup of water. Then, serve over ice with your Chicken Minestrone Soup.Print
Chicken Minestrone Soup
- 1 jar Prego® Italian Sauce
- 1 can Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can diced potatoes, drained
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can Swanson® Premium Chicken, drained, rinsed, and shredded
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese
Strawberry Lemonade Iced Tea
- 4 cups of steeped black tea
- 1 bottle of V8 Splash® Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup of water
Chicken Minestrone Soup
- In a big pot, pour in the jar of Prego® Italian Sauce.
- Drain the carrots and potatoes and add Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- Add the Italian style diced tomatoes
- Drain and rinse the Swanson® Premium Chicken and shred it. Then, add it to the pot.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and add to the pot.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and add to the pot.
- Slice and chop a zucchini and add it to the pot.
- Put the pot on the fire set on High.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- When soup reaches a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- When the pasta is soft, add the baby spinach and turn the fire off.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Strawberry Lemonade Ice Tea
- Steep the tea in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Combine tea, V8 Splash® Strawberry Lemonade, and water in a pitcher.
- Serve over ice.