When your little girl has her next birthday party, these Rainbow Unicorn Cupcakes would make the perfect celebratory treat!
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix cake mix
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Teal, Pink, Purple and leaf green gel food coloring
- sprinkle jimmies in light green, hot pink, and purple
- Bubblegum flavored twisty lollipops
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3–5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- teal, pink, purple and leaf green gel food coloring
Combine all 3 colors of jimmies to make “unicorn sprinkle mix”
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin pan with the white cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Divide the batter into 4 bowls and add a food color gel into each bowl.
- Add the Teal to one bowl.
- Add the Purple food coloring to the second bowl.
- Add the Pink food coloring to the third bowl.
- Add the Leaf Green food coloring to the fourth bowl.
- Begin to fill the cupcake liners with about 1 tablespoon of each colored batter into the cupcake continue to rotate colors until it is 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer and beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and 1 tablespoon of whipping cream at a time and continue beating.
- Mix until you see stiff peaks forming in the frosting. If it seems a little dry, add the additional whipping cream.
- Beat for another minute.
- Once the frosting is made, split it into 4 bowls.
- Add about 2-4 drops of each color:
Add the Teal to one bowl.
Add the Purple food coloring to the second bowl.
Add the Pink food coloring to the third bowl.
Add the Leaf Green food coloring to the fourth bowl.
- Mix each color until well combined.
- Place the piping bag with a big star tip into a large glass and fold the sides of the bag over.
- Scoop one spoonful of the Teal frosting onto one side of piping bag.
- Scoop one spoonful of the Pink frosting onto another side of the piping bag
- Scoop one spoonful of the Purple frosting onto the other side of the piping bag
- Scoop one spoonful of the leaf green frosting onto the last side and squeeze the icing together.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the unicorn sprinkles onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Place a lollipop into the center of the cupcakes.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Keywords: unicorn cupcakes, rainbow cupcakes, tie dye cupcakes, colorful cupcakes,