We love gummy everything in this family, but I feel so much better giving my kids fruit-based gummies. Do you make your own gummy bears using fruit puree?
I recently started doing this, and they taste so good! Fruit leather has always been one of my favorite snacks, and my kids love it, too. I’ve found fruit-based gummies like making your own tastes just like fruit leather.
What do you need to make your own Gummy Bears?
You’ll need a few things:
- unflavored gelatin
- lemon juice
- strawberries or your favorite fruit
- Gummy Bear Molds
How do you make your own Gummy Bears?
You can make about 30-40 gummy bears with this method.
First, dice the strawberries or the fruit you are going to use. One fruit I’ve found that doesn’t really work well is bananas, so avoid that one.
Next, add the diced strawberries in the blender with lemon juice and honey.
Keep blending to fully break down the strawberries. If fruit is full of seeds, run the juice through a mesh strainer to catch the seeds. It’s much easier to fill the molds with no seeds.
Add the juice in a sauce pan over medium heat and add the gelatin.
Whisk the juice while bringing it to a slow boil. Once it’s boiling, remove it from the heat.
Next, place the molds in the fridge for about 20 minutes to solidify the gummies. While the molds are cooling, keep the additional gummy mixture warm.
One way you can do this, if you’re using a squeeze bottle, drop the bottle in a bowl of hot water. Another way to do it, if you’re using the dropper, is to place the sauce pan on “warm” on the stove.
When the gummies are ready, remove them by popping them right out of the mold and enjoy.
How do you store leftover gummy bears?
I like to keep them in a sealed container such as a ziplock bag.
More Snack Ideas
- • 2 cups of strawberries diced or any fruit of choice
- • 2 .25oz boxes of unflavored gelatin
- • 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Place diced strawberries in blender with lemon juice, and honey. Blend to fully break down the strawberries. If fruit is full of seeds, run juice through a mesh strainer to catch the seeds. It’s much easier to fill the molds with no seeds.
- Place juice in a saucepan over medium heat and add the gelatin. Continue to whisk the juice while bringing the juice to a slow boil. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Fill gummy bear molds with juice. The molds come with an eye dropper or I like to use a food squeeze bottle. Slowly fill each mold.
- Place molds in the fridge for 20 minutes to solidify the gummies. While molds are cooling, keep the gummy mixture warm. If using a squeeze bottle, drop bottle in hot water, if using the dropper, place saucepan on warm.
- To remove the gummies, pop them right out of the mold and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.