It’s not even Halloween, but… can you believe it? The Holidays are coming! They’re almost here. Thanksgiving makes me think of delicious fall baking recipes, and fall recipes make me think of apples — especially baked apple pie. It’s such a delicious treat, but it’s also a lot of work, even more so on a weeknight.
This is a super easy baked apple recipe that you can make in the microwave!
I picked up these delicious Macintosh apples the other day at the store. They are my favorite apples, a bit soft and tart, just the way I like them. I decided to try an experiment and bake them in the microwave for a quick fix.
I can’t wait to share with you this super easy baked apple recipe you can make in the microwave. And, what’s really great is you can make a single apple or enough for the whole family.
This recipe is for one apple, but you can easily increase this recipe for your family and make 4-5 apples at a time by easily multiplying the ingredients.Print
- 1 Apple – cored and the top peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Core and peel just the top of the apple.
- Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and butter and then add it into the center of the apple and over the top as well. Shake a bit of cinnamon over the top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the apple for about 2 minutes. Microwaves vary so check your apple. When it’s soft, it’s done.
- Allow to cool and spoon some of the melted butter/sugar mixture over the top
This is such an easy dessert recipe. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy dessert as much as I do!