These are the best-est, creamiest, dreamiest, so easy to make mashed potatoes you will ever taste. Everyone who has a spoonful immediately wants more.
- 4 lbs peeled and cut potatoes
- 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick of butter cut into pats, room temperature
- 1/2 to 1 cup of half and half
- Peel and cut up potatoes into fourths. Boil for about 25-30 minutes until they are done. When I can slip a knife through one of the potato pieces like butter, they’re done.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Next, mash the heck of them.
- Slice up an entire stick of butter and add to the potatoes and keep mashing.
- Slice the entire 8 oz pkg of cream cheese and add to the potatoes and keep mashing.
- Add the half and half and stir and fluff until the potatoes are fluffy.
- If you’re going to bake these, add enough half and half to make them a teensy bit soupy so they won’t dry out while baking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste — we probably added about a 1 tsp of both. You can also add Lawry’s Seasoning Salt.
- This step is optional. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minute.
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: mashed potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, cream cheese potatoes, cream cheese mashed potatoes, whipped potatoes