My husband is a lover of bacon. If something has bacon in it, he pretty much loves it. A few weeks ago, he sent me an email from work with a link to Bacon Amazeballs. I decided to surprise him with these over the weekend just to show him how much I love him.
I’ve been really sick over Christmas. I had double ear infections and a bad respiratory infection, and he spent his entire vacation cleaning our house top to bottom while I halfway helped out in between fits of coughing and napping.
Bacon Cheesy Biscuits are really easy to make, and basically require 3 ingredients as you can skip the egg wash and sesame seeds. Perfect for New Year’s morning when you stayed up a bit too late.Print
- 1 can of biscuits (not the flaky kind)
- Cheddar cheese cubes
- 6–8 pieces of bacon
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven according to biscuit can (usually around 400).
- Cook bacon thoroughly. Then, break up bacon into small pieces.
- Lay out biscuits on cookie sheet and smush to flatten.
- Add pieces of bacon, and a piece of cheddar cheese on top of each biscuit.
- Gather up the edges of the biscuit and pinch close, enclosing cheese and bacon.
- Apply egg wash to the top of each biscuit, then shake sesame seeds.
- Cook according to biscuit can (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
I found if I cooked them for the entire time the biscuit directions recommended, ours were a little too done on the bottom, so I cut the time down to 8 minutes and lowered the temp from 400 to 375. The second round came out perfect!