This is a sponsored post on behalf of Medieval Times. All opinions are my own.
Who’s ready to visit Medieval Times with me? I can’t wait! We’ve never been before, and I know my kids are going to love it! Stay tuned for our review of what I know is going to be a totally fun experience.
Plus, I’ve got and exclusive deal just for my readers!!
Adults $36.95 and children (12 and under) $29.95 with the code MT3629 through 2/28/17. Visit this link to Medieval Times and enter the code!
Some fun facts about Medieval Times:
- All Knights begin their training as Squires – just as they did in the Middle Ages – learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
- Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
- Every shield must be repainted after every show.
- When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
- Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
- Their horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
- 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
- 400,000 gallons of Pepsi are consumed each year.
- Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand – about the load of 10 dump trucks.
- Medieval Times is the #1 breeder of pure Spanish horses in North America. Find out more about their horses.