This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Whenever we have friends over, it’s always fun to bring out the blender and make flavored milkshakes or frozen coffee drinks. Those are always fun to serve up at a Friendsgiving or the finishing treat to a dinner party — like a progressive dinner. Have you ever attended one?
This one seemed a little over the top with all it’s ingredients – coffee, Cool Whip, cream cheese, marshmallows, chocolate, and peanuts. What a mouthful! But, the Rocky Road Frozen Coffee came out delicious!
Kraft products are some of my favorite products to keep the kitchen stocked. You never know when you’ll need something, and it’s always nice to just find it in the pantry. The other day when I was grocery shopping at Walmart, I grabbed a few Kraft basics to keep the fridge and pantry stocked just in case we were going to entertain that weekend.
Here’s a few of the basics I used to create this delicious recipe.
Frozen coffee is a favorite in our house. My two oldest kids are total frozen coffee freaks. They just love it. I’m not a big coffee drinker unless it’s flavored with caramel or chocolate. Then, I’ll guzzle that baby. 😉 So, this one was right up my alley.
I know, I know, Rocky Road is supposed to have almonds, but I didn’t have any, and I thought peanuts would be a great alternative. Feel free to substitute any nuts.
Here’s a peek at how I made it:
To get started, before I made the drinks, I used the blender to chop some peanuts to add a bit to the drink and then to garnish, and I grated 2 squares of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate to mix into the coffee so it would melt.Print
Love coffee and chocolate? Try this Rocky Road Frozen Coffee!
- 8 oz Maxwell House coffee
- 2 squares of Baker’s Semi Sweet chocolate
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/3 cup of Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 tbs of peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- chocolate syrup
- Chop the peanuts.
- Grate both squares of chocolate.
- Brew the coffee.
- Mix the grated chocolate into the hot coffee to melt.
- Add ice, coffee, cool whip, cream cheese, 1 1/2 tbs of chopped peanuts, and most the marshmallows (leave a few out for garnish) to the blender.
- Blend until all combined.
- Pour into a mason jar, top with an additional scoop of Cool Whip. Then, top with extra marshmallows, last 1/2 tbs of peanuts, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Did you know all of these ingredients are from Kraft? If you are looking for more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
What’s your favorite recipe for a get together with friends?