This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Pasta is so versatile. You can do all kinds of things with it from quick and easy meals for dinner to cold pasta salad for lunch. Just recently, I was shopping at Sam’s Club and found that Barilla® had a new 7-count Variety Pack full of different pastas like farfalle, elbows, and rotini. With a pack like that you can have a different pasta dish every day of the week.
My teenager grabbed it and put it in the cart as soon as she saw it. She loves pasta meals.
A few days later I was picking up some fresh produce, and the grape tomatoes loved so lovely. I suddenly had an intense desire to roast some. As soon as I got home, I mixed the grape tomatoes into a homemade balsamic vinaigrette and roasted them for just a few minutes. It is seriously fun to watch them pop their skins as they roast in the oven.
While all that was happening, I made some rotini pasta. It takes just 7 minutes to cook, so I popped it in the fridge to cool while the tomatoes were finishing. I had the perfect plan for a Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad. I pulled out some fresh mozzarella pearls and baby spinach from the fridge. Oh this was gonna be good!
I love balsamic vinaigrette, so I whipped up a small batch and poured it over the tomatoes before roasting. While they are roasting, the balsamic vinaigrette boils and thickens up a bit.
When the tomatoes were done roasting. I set them on the counter to cool for about 30-45 minutes. I used the back of a fork to gently smash them before adding them into the salad.
I like to serve this at room temperature once the pasta and tomatoes have cooled. It’s just so satisfying with a sweet and tangy flavor. This is probably my favorite pasta salad.Print
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of Barilla® rotini pasta
- 1 cup of fresh mozzarella pearls
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash tomatoes and lay out in 1 layer in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix together brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and minced garlic.
- Pour over the tomatoes and gently mix together.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until tomatoes all look mostly wrinkled.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to instructions, drain with cool water. Refrigerate until ready to prepare salad.
- Wash and drain mozzarella pearls.
- Combine pasta salad, cooled roasted tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and baby spinach.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette from the bottom of the tomato pan all over the salad.
- Mix together gently and serve immediately at room temperature.
Check Samsclub.com to find your nearest store!
What’s your favorite pasta salad?