This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Some of my favorite dinners are when I come up with a one pot meal that everyone loves. Doing the dishes is one of my least favorite chores, so one pot meals always make me happy! This week I came up with a great Monday night dinner – One Pot Pizza Pasta made with Hormel Pepperoni!
Are you a meal planner? I’m not one who usually plans the entire week of dinners for my family. With 3 busy kids, we have so many things pop up, that when I’ve tried it just never works. I usually come up with several meals for the week, have the groceries on hand, and then every morning I decide which meal it’s going to be and set out the ingredients.
There are days where I have to get everybody multiple places, and I totally forget about dinner. Oops! Then, it’s 5 o’clock and Nate is on his way home, and the kids are starving. That’s when I love a one pot meal. Don’t you just love a meal you can throw into just one pot and in just a few minutes it’s ready?
This one-pot meal is very versatile. You can throw in any of your favorite pizza ingredients. Any pasta will work from spaghetti to rotini, and you can use your favorite spaghetti sauce, too. My favorites for this dish are angel hair and crushed tomatoes. I love the tangy tomato-y flavor of crushed tomatoes. You can even add veggies. One of my kids is not a fan of mushrooms, but this would be so delicious with added chopped mushrooms.
My absolute favorite part of this one is the mozzarella pearls. I love cheese, and I love the cheesiness to this dish. The Hormel pepperoni and the cheese together just make it taste like you’re eating pizza in the pasta. My husband and son loved the spicy flavor the pepperoni adds.
Hormel Pepperoni is so versatile, I can create all kinds of fun recipes with it. I always like to have it on hand. Before you head to the store to stock up, you can get a coupon to save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages. Click HERE for your coupon!
Check out how easy this recipe is:
Doesn’t that look easy? Here’s the recipe:Print
Need a quick and easy meal for a weeknight? Try One Pot Pizza Pasta. A delicious pasta dish full of pepperoni and gooey cheese.
- 1 lb spaghetti (or any pasta)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (or any spaghetti sauce)
- 8 oz pkg mozzarella pearls
- 1 pkg of Hormel Pepperoni – original
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- Combine water, spaghetti, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning into a large pot such as a dutch oven.
- Turn the fire to high and allow to come to a boil.
- Allow to boil on high for 3-4 minutes. Then, turn the fire to medium high. Stir occasionally.
- Cut the pepperoni into fourths.
- Once the pasta is al dente and the water has cooked down, remove from heat.
- Add the mozzarella pearls and Hormel pepperoni to the pot and stir, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
What’s your favorite pepperoni recipe?