Need a cute little treat to make for Shark Week for the kids? Try these Jell-O Shark Aquariums! This post contains affiliate links.
What do you need to make these Jell-O Shark Aquariums
These are super easy. You’ll need:
How you make Shark Jell-O Aquariums?
Jell-O comes in 3 oz and 6 oz packages. The 3 oz package will make approximately 4 cups of Jell-O, and a serving is 1/2 cup. This should get approximately 8 servings.
I like to make these with the 9 oz plastic party cups. So, I usually fill them up with about a 2/3 cup or 3/4 cup and leave about 1-2 inches from the very top of the cup.
First, prepare Jell-O according to package (mix with boiling water) and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Place the Rainbow Nerds at bottom of cup to look like the bottom of the ocean. You’ll want about a 1/2-inch to a 1-inch layer.
Add the Jell-O over the top of the Rainbow Nerds, between 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Leave about 1-2 inches at the top.
Drop a shark or two gently down to the top of the Rainbow Nerds candy.
Refrigerate the Jell-O cups overnight.
When the Jell-O has set, place a few more sharks on top.
Serve and enjoy!
More Shark Fun
Looking for more Shark Week Fun? We have a few ideas the kids will love — from printable puzzles to slime! Try a few of these ideas:
- Free Kids Shark Printable Games
- Light Up Mason Jar Aquariums
- Ocean Themed DIY Binoculars for Kids
- Sea Life Slime
Shark Themed Snacks & Treats
Keep the fun going with some delicious shark treats!
- Great White Shark Ice Cream
- How to Make a Shark-Cuterie Cheese Ball Charcuterie Board
- Deep Sea Jell-O Fishing Cups
- Pretzel Fishing Rods
Let's Make Jello Shark Aquariums
- 3 oz package of berry blue Jell-O
- 1 Movie Theater box of Rainbow Nerds
- 1 package of Gummy Shark Candies
- Prepare the Jell-O according to package (mix with boiling water) and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place Nerds at bottom of plastic cup.
- Add Jell-O over top of the Nerds, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Leave about 1-2 inches at the top.
- Gently drop a shark or two to the bottom of the glass on top of the Rainbow Nerds.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Once the Jell-O has set, place a few more sharks on top of the Jell-O.
- Serve and enjoy!
A 3 oz package of Jell-O makes about 4 cups of Jell-O. 1/2 cup is a serving, so this should make about 8 servings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Come Join Us
Come over and join us on Facebook in the group Recipes, Crafts, and more with TipToe Fairy or Sewing and Crafting with The TipToe Fairy!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube!