Need a cute little treat to make for Shark Week for the kids? Try these Jell-O Shark Aquariums! This post contains affiliate links.
Table of Contents
What do you need to make these Jell-O Shark Aquariums
These are super easy. You’ll need:
How you make Shark Jell-O Aquariums?
Jell-O comes in 3 oz and 6 oz packages. The 3 oz package will make approximately 4 cups of Jell-O, and a serving is 1/2 cup. This should get approximately 8 servings.
I like to make these with the 9 oz plastic party cups. So, I usually fill them up with about a 2/3 cup or 3/4 cup and leave about 1-2 inches from the very top of the cup.
First, prepare Jell-O according to package (mix with boiling water) and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Place the Rainbow Nerds at bottom of cup to look like the bottom of the ocean. You’ll want about a 1/2-inch to a 1-inch layer.
Add the Jell-O over the top of the Rainbow Nerds, between 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Leave about 1-2 inches at the top.
Drop a shark or two gently down to the top of the Rainbow Nerds candy.
Refrigerate the Jell-O cups overnight.
When the Jell-O has set, place a few more sharks on top.
Serve and enjoy!
More Shark Fun
Looking for more Shark Week Fun? We have a few ideas the kids will love — from printable puzzles to slime! Try a few of these ideas:
- Free Kids Shark Printable Games
- Light Up Mason Jar Aquariums
- Ocean Themed DIY Binoculars for Kids
- Sea Life Slime
Shark Themed Snacks & Treats
Keep the fun going with some delicious shark treats!
- Great White Shark Ice Cream
- How to Make a Shark-Cuterie Cheese Ball Charcuterie Board
- Deep Sea Jell-O Fishing Cups
- Pretzel Fishing Rods
- 3 oz package of berry blue Jell-O
- 1 Movie Theater box of Rainbow Nerds
- 1 package of Gummy Shark Candies
- Prepare the Jell-O according to package (mix with boiling water) and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place Nerds at bottom of plastic cup.
- Add Jell-O over top of the Nerds, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Leave about 1-2 inches at the top.
- Gently drop a shark or two to the bottom of the glass on top of the Rainbow Nerds.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Once the Jell-O has set, place a few more sharks on top of the Jell-O.
- Serve and enjoy!
A 3 oz package of Jell-O makes about 4 cups of Jell-O. 1/2 cup is a serving, so this should make about 8 servings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.