As the weather gets colder and the holidays are on the way, my kids and I love to make holiday treats. I love coming up with something new and delicious for us to make and try. Post gave me a challenge with Golden Crisp®, and I couldn’t wait to try something new.
We made Chocolate Golden Crisp Gooey Bars full of gooey marshmallows and chocolate cake. Totally yummy!
Here’s how we made them.
First, make a crust with an egg, melted butter, and chocolate fudge cake mix and smush it into the bottom of the pan. Bake it for about 15 minutes.
Then, as soon as it comes out of the oven, pour on an entire bag of mini marshmallows. This is the gooey part! Pop it back in the oven for a few minutes to get all gooey.
While those marshmallows are getting all gooey, make a batch of Golden Crisp® Treats with more butter and marshmallows. Then, layer it on top of the marshmallows.
Take 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave and then drizzle on top of everything. Then, let them completely cool.
These are totally easy and your family will love them! I’m thinking these just might be the treat we leave for Santa this year.Print
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows
- 5 cups of Golden Crisp® cereal
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine cake mix, egg, and 6 tablespoons of melted butter in an electric mixer until it forms a ball.
- Press the chocolate cake mix into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, layer an entire bag of mini marshmallows and pop it in the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes. Then, set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of melted butter and second bag of mini marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Then, heat for an additional 30 seconds or so and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in the cereal and mix entirely.
- Layer the cereal mix onto the top of the melted marshmallows.
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir after every 30 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is thoroughly melted, drizzle onto the top of the cereal.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Ready to make this delicious treat? Grab a coupon Post cereals to get your own box of Golden Crisp®!
We found Golden Crisp® at Kroger. We love to eat cereal for more than just breakfast. I hadn’t had this one in while, so I forgot how good it tastes.
Have you heard about the new movie coming December 21? It’s called SING©. We’ve seen the trailer in a couple of movies, and my kids and I cannot wait to see it! In honor of this new movie, Post is having a huge contest!
Would you like to WIN $100,000? Enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win the $100,000 grand prize plus the chance to instantly win lots of prizes (like movie tickets, speakers, and more), too!
Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.