This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeGrub #CollectiveBias
I have a confession. We are not big football fans. We didn’t even watch the “big game” this past weekend. Before we “cut the cord” on our cable, we loved watching it for all the funny commercials. Now that we don’t have that option, we usually head out for a meal since everyone else is at home watching the big game.
However, board games are another story. We are huge game nerds and invite friends over to spend hours playing different board games. This is when I make our favorite #GameTimeGrub with burgers, fries and onion rings, and lots of dipping sauces.
Recently, we had planned another game night. A few days before, I headed to Walmart to get the snacks. I decided on Alexia crinkle cut fries and onion rings, which are favorites in this house.
For our menu, I decided on Cheddar Garlic Meatball Sliders, Bacon & Blue Cheese Fries, and onion rings with Garlic Cheddar dip and Pickle dip – a definitely “cheese-y” theme!
What I love about Alexia fries and onion rings is that they bake up beautifully! I don’t have to fry them, which is so much better, and in less than 30 minutes they’re done! When I try baking other brands, I always end up with the fries permanently stuck to the cookie sheet or the fries and onion rings are mushy and not crispy on the outside. Alexia fries and onion rings always come out amazingly crisp. At our house, if you don’t get them while they’re hot, they’re gone before you know it.
I was able to fit 2 medium-sized cookies sheets with fries and onion rings as well as one casserole dish of meatball sliders into the oven all at the same time. While everything was baking, I made the dipping sauces.
Since the onion rings would be done first, I started with those dips. This Garlic Cheddar Dip is amazing for both onion rings and fries. This is even good slathered on a burger, too.
5 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
11 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 baby kosher dills, minced
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic, minced
- 5 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 strips of thick, hickory smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bag of Alexia Crinkle Cut fries
- Chop or mince the garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Heat for an additional 30 seconds, then stir until smooth.
- If it's lumpy, head an additional 20-30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Serve immediately with onion rings or fries.
- Throw the pickles and juice into a blender or food processor and chop.
- Add the additional ingredients and pulse several times.
- When you can tell there are no big chunks of pickles, it's ready.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately with onion rings.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add flour until combined.
- Next, add seasoning salt and pepper.
- Add blue cheese and stir as it melts.
- Next, add milk. Keep stirring.
- Stir continuously until all the cheese is melted and the milk is combined.
- Stir for an additional 2-4 minutes as it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool for just a few minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over fries.
- Crumbled bacon over fries.
Here’s some inspiration for your next Game Time get together!
Looking for the Cheddar Garlic Meatball Sliders recipe? Find it and some of our favorite games HERE!