This shop has been compensated by Co llective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
Doesn’t everybody love Rice Krispies Treats? Have you ever taken a shortcut and used Rice Krispies Treats from the box and turned them into a deliciously fun snack?
I got this bright idea a few weeks ago while I was grocery shopping at one of my favorite grocery stores — Kroger. I thought it would be fun to come up with a hack for ready made Rice Krispies Treats.
Then, I was on a mission. I grabbed dulce de leche, marshmallows, peanut butter M&Ms, peanut butter cups, and chocolate wafers for melting and headed to the checkout.
My favorite thing about Rice Krispies Treats is that gooey melted marshmallow. I like to call it Marshmallow Butter. I decided to create Krispies Sandwiches that had Marshmallow Butter in the middle plus everything but the kitchen sink!
Here’s a little how-to video for making these Kitchen Sink Krispies Sandwiches:
Just remember to make these, 1 box of 16 bars will make 8 sandwiches.
Even if you aren’t much in the kitchen, you can easily whip these up. With just one bite, everyone will be cozying up to you as your new best friend. They are that good!
First things first, you need to flatten out the treats with something heavy, so that you can actually take a bite of the finished sandwich. I used my trusty wide mouth mason jar for the job.
Dulce de leche is basically a fancy name for caramel, but it tastes wonderful. I buy a can of it in the Mexican food aisle. Just spoon it out and slap it on both flattened treats.
Did I saw this was my favorite part, yet? So take the marshmallows, add a tablespoon of butter and microwave them for about 30 seconds. Stir it all up to mix in the butter. Voila! We have Marshmallow Butter!
After you stir up the Marshmallow Butter, spoon it out on to just one of the treats and spread it all around. Then, it’s time to pull out some peanut butter cups and chop them up. I buy the mini sized peanut butter cups, but big ones will work just as good. Then pile them up on the Marshmallow Butter.
Put the treat with just dulce de leche on top of the second treat, and we now have a sandwich. Time to get the chocolate! This is going to be ah-mazing!
Melt the chocolate wafers and stir until they’re creamy. Then take your sandwich lengthwise and dip half of it into the chocolate. Then, place each sandwich on parchment paper. We need to work quickly to finish it up.
This is the part where it gets fast. Next, drop a spoonful of dulce de leche over the wet chocolate on top, like the picture. Smooth it out aross the chocolate, and then lay out two rows of 4 M&Ms along the dulce/wet chocolate.
If you’re making a batch of these, just dip 2 at a time so there’s time before the chocolate dries to get those M&Ms on.
Now you can take a breath and let them dry.
Once you’ve dipped all the sandwiches, fill up a ziplock bag with the leftover chocolate, and snip just a teeny tiny corner of the bag. Then, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the whole sandwich, covering the M&Ms and let it drip off the edge of the treats. Then, let the chocolate dry, and you’ve got one decadent treat!Print
Have a grown up Rice Krispies Treat full of marshmallow butter, dulce de leche, and M&Ms.
- 16 Rice Krispies Treat squares
- 1 bag of peanut butter M&Ms
- 1 cup of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup of dulce de leche
- 1 cup of chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 cup of dark chocolate melting wafers
- Flatten each Rice Krispies Treat with a rolling pin to about 4 x 2.5 inches in size.
- Chop the peanut butter cups.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter and heat in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Then, stir until the marshmallow butter is smooth.
- Spread about a tablespoon of dulce de leche on one side of each Rice Krispies Treat.
- On eight of the Rice Krispies Treats spread about a tablespoon of marshmallow butter over the dulce de leche. This will be the bottom of the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups on to the marshmallow butter.
- Take the other eight Rice Krispies Treats with just dulce de leche (the top of the sandwiches) and smash each one down on top of the peanut butter cups to form sandwiches.
- Heat the dark chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir. If still lumpy, heat an additional 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Lengthwise, dip just half of each Rice Krispies Treat sandwich into the melted chocolate.
- Do this for just 2 or 3 sandwiches at a time, and place on parchment or wax paper.
- Quickly take a spoonful of dulce de leche and spread over the top of the still wet chocolate of each one. Then, top with 8-10 peanut butter M&Ms per sandwich.
- After you’ve done this to all the Rice Krispies Treat sandwiches. Take the leftover melted chocolate and place it in a ziplock back. Snip off just a tiny bit at one corner, and pipe back and forth from the M&Ms all the way over the undipped edges for each sandwich.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. Enjoy!
Have you heard Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® is having a contest! You can vote on your favorite Rice Krispies Treats® recipe, get contest info, and find more great recipes there. You can find out more HERE. This is what you need to do to vote:
- Cast your vote via Social Media on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Include the hashtag #RKTreatSweeps as well as the recipe for your vote.
- To verify your vote, you must send the link for your post to RKTreatSweeps@kellogg.com
The contest voting runs 3/24-5/3/15. Here’s what you can win!
Twenty (20) Grand Prizes will receive:
- $250 Bank-issued, pre-loaded Gift Card;
- Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares (XX ct.)
- Beats Pills™ Portable Stereo Speaker by Dr. Dre™
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows (10 oz.)
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed Chocolate Swirl snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
- (1) Jet-Puffed Strawberry snacking marshmallows (3 oz.)
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed S’moresMallows
- (1) bag of Jet-Puffed StarMallows (8 oz.)
- Assorted MARS products
- (1) M&M’s® dispenser
- (1) M&M’s® Milk Laydown Bag
- (1) M&M’s® Peanut Laydown bag
- All Social Platform posts must be posted to a non-private Social Platform account, must include the Hashtag and link to post must be shared or sent to Sponsor using the email address noted above.
- Limit one (1) entry per Week by voting using a Social Platform.
- By using the Hashtag, you affirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules.
- For full rules, visit the HERE