Have a grown up Rice Krispies Treat full of marshmallow butter, dulce de leche, and M&Ms.
- 16 Rice Krispies Treat squares
- 1 bag of peanut butter M&Ms
- 1 cup of Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup of dulce de leche
- 1 cup of chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 cup of dark chocolate melting wafers
- Flatten each Rice Krispies Treat with a rolling pin to about 4 x 2.5 inches in size.
- Chop the peanut butter cups.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter and heat in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Then, stir until the marshmallow butter is smooth.
- Spread about a tablespoon of dulce de leche on one side of each Rice Krispies Treat.
- On eight of the Rice Krispies Treats spread about a tablespoon of marshmallow butter over the dulce de leche. This will be the bottom of the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups on to the marshmallow butter.
- Take the other eight Rice Krispies Treats with just dulce de leche (the top of the sandwiches) and smash each one down on top of the peanut butter cups to form sandwiches.
- Heat the dark chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir. If still lumpy, heat an additional 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Lengthwise, dip just half of each Rice Krispies Treat sandwich into the melted chocolate.
- Do this for just 2 or 3 sandwiches at a time, and place on parchment or wax paper.
- Quickly take a spoonful of dulce de leche and spread over the top of the still wet chocolate of each one. Then, top with 8-10 peanut butter M&Ms per sandwich.
- After you’ve done this to all the Rice Krispies Treat sandwiches. Take the leftover melted chocolate and place it in a ziplock back. Snip off just a tiny bit at one corner, and pipe back and forth from the M&Ms all the way over the undipped edges for each sandwich.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American