Lucky Leprechaun has lost his gold! We need to go on a Leprechaun Hunt for Gold to help him find it! This post contains affiliate links.
My kids just love scavenger and treasure hunts. We do a lot of them. They even have a new one at the library each month with a different theme. The clues are hidden all over the children’s section of the library. We are heading back in a few days, and my kids can’t wait to to see this month’s new theme.
Those hunts inspired my Reindeer Hunt, and when my kids start asking for a new one, I chose a Hunt for Gold with a leprechaun would be a fun one, too!
How do you play the Leprechaun Hunt for Gold?
Print the card clues and cut them out. They are 3.5 x 3.5 inches in size each.
For best results, print on cardstock. I recommend laminating to use year after year! I keep all our hunts laminated and in ziplock baggies for the next year.
To create the hunt, place clues around the house and outside. It’s best to work backwards to ensure you’re hiding them according to the clues.
For the first clue, I often give it to the kids or put it next to their breakfast or lunch plate on the table to start them off. You can also put it in a noticeable place where they’ll see it, like on top of the iPad or taped to the television.
If you want to really up the magic, add these leprechaun footprints leading to the clues.
Leprechaun Hunt for Gold Prize Ideas
You can attach each card to a prize, or have just one prize for the last clue. I do this one a couple of ways. Here’s a few ideas:
- Tape a chocolate gold coin to the back of each clue for them to collect OR
- Have the last clue attached to a bag of chocolate gold coins or a bag of “leprechaun candy” or a bag of gold nugget bubblegum.
Here’s a few more “gold” candy ideas:
- Gold Hershey Kisses
- Shimmering Gold Sixlets
- Golden Bubblegum Balls
- Leprechaun Candy Mix
- Gold Rock Candy
- a bag of golden Rolos
- yellow M&Ms
- golden Lindor truffles
- St. Patrick’s Day Mix of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Get the Leprechaun Hunt for Gold Files
Leprechaun Gold Hunt Prize Ideas:
Here are a few ideas you can get as prizes for the Reindeer Hunt:
More Leprechaun Ideas
- Let’s Make a Leprechaun Trap!
- Give your kids a Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt
- 5 Free Kids St. Patrick’s Day Printable Games
- Taste the Elixir of Fortune – Leprechaun Drink
- Lucky Leprechaun Hats
- Shamrock Shake Ice Cream Muffins
- Let’s make some Shamrock Pretzel Pops
- Pot o’ Gold Cookies