I found these super cute bubblegum cracked dinosaur eggs and just knew they’d be perfect for cookie egg nests. This post contains affiliate links.
These are perfect for a Dinosaur Party or for an Easter treat.
You can use any cookie flavor you’d like. I prefer chocolate chip cookies as I was going more for the Dinosaur Egg Nest look, and I thought chocolate chip cookies would look more appropriate.
Table of Contents
What ingredients do you need to make Cookie Egg Nests?
You will need:
- your favorite cookie dough – refrigerated cookie dough works great!
- green frosting
- bubblegum eggs
How do you make Cookie Egg Nests?
These come together so quickly, especially if you’re using refrigerated cookie dough.
Spray a muffin pan with non-stick oil spray.
Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 way full.
Bake for about 12-13 minutes, until the middles look done and the edges are golden brown.
Let them cool 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
Let the cookie cups cool completely before adding frosting.
Then, I immediately added cracked bubblegum eggs to each nest. I found mine at Dollar Tree by the checkout. They’re called Magical Dinosaur Bubblegum Eggs.
Can you make these Cookie Egg Nests up ahead of time?
You can make the cookies up a day ahead of time and then when you’re ready to serve, add the frosting and eggs.
How do you store leftover Cookie Egg Nests?
I store the leftovers in a sealed container on the counter for up to 3 days.
More Easter Treats
Here’s a few more Easter treats you can make:
- Easter Cheesecake Bars
- Easter Bunny Sprinkle Cookies
- DIY Easter Nest Jars
- How to make PEEPS Rice Krispies Treats in the Oven
- Peter Rabbit Inspired Carrot Cake Carrots
Dinosaur Party Ideas
These cookie egg nests are perfect for a dinosaur party. Here’s a few more ideas:
- Free Kids Printable Dinosaur Puzzle Pack
- How to Make a Dollar Store DIY Santa Dinosaur Christmas Ornament
- DIY Dinosaur Terrarium Night Light Mason Jar
- Dinosaur Cocoa Rice Krispies Egg Nests
- Dinosaur Footprints Cookie Pizza
- 9 oz of your Favorite Cookie Dough
- 1 can green frosting
- small bubblegum or candy eggs
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick oil spray.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 way full.
- Bake for about 12-13 minutes, until the middles look done and the edges are golden brown.
- Let them cool 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
- Let the cookie cups cool completely before adding frosting.
- Use green frosting with a grass tip to make the the grass for the inside of each nest.
- Add cracked bubblegum eggs to each nest.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.