A few weeks ago I posted a fun, delicious and cake batter-y treat over on A Peek Into My Paradise. I had been been on a cake batter kick then. One of my favorite cake batter recipes is when I whipped up a Purple Cow Cake Batter Cream Slush — a creamy and slushy treat that’s perfect for cooling down during the summer.
I’m reposting this delicious treat just in case you missed it over there – Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats. They are easy to make and quite tasty, too!
As I’ve said before Cake Batter is one of my favorite flavors for ice cream and other treats, and that has led me to try to make my own cake batter flavored treats. I wasn’t quite sure what would happen when I mixed in the cake mix, but it worked out great.
I’ve discovered you can add boxed cake mix to treats to make them taste like cake batter. You can add it to a vanilla milkshake or blondies or anything else you can think of to give it a cake batter flavor.
When you add the cake batter to the melted marshmallows, add part of it at a time and mix it into the marshmallows completely before adding more. The melted marshmallows keep the same consistency as they normally do, even with the cake better added.
These rice crispy treats are super delicious! My little taste testers loved the cake batter flavor on top of the already delicious rice crispy flavor. They devoured them!
Once you’ve poured them into the pan to cool, add some colored sugar or sprinkles on top for a fun and festive way to top these treats. I think this was my preschooler’s favorite part. She was in charge of adding the sugar crystals.Print
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup boxed cake mix (yellow or white)
- 5 cups crips rice cereal
- Optional: sprinkles
- Spray a 8 x 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir to coat them in butter.
- Then, keep stirring as the marshmallows melt.
- Once they are melted, add the cake batter 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until it’s completely mixed in.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
- Pour into the 8 x 8 pan and flatten the top.
- Shake sprinkles or colored sugar all over the top.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- Serving Size: 1 square