This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelimexFiesta #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things about the big games is having a few friends over for a watching party. For a basketball watching party, finger foods are always easy. A perfect choice is Delimex taquitos and tamales. But, sometimes figuring out dips can be a challenge. I’ve got three great dipping sauces for you to try today!
Recently, I was grocery shopping at Walmart and picked up a variety of Delimex taquitos as well as tamales. I love how easy they are to whip up for a quick get together. Plus, I was able to use a coupon you can download right now for $1.00 off any two Delimex taquitos. Click the coupon to download it!
I usually try to keep ingredients on hand for various dips to go with taquitos and tamales, but I like to take short cuts to make them. Here are three dipping ideas to try with your Delimex taquitos and tamales:
- Salsa Guacamole
- Skillet Queso
- Mexican Chili Gravy
I love to whip up fresh guacamole, and I almost always have avocados. But, sometimes I just don’t have the other ingredients. When this happens, I like to take a shortcut and whip up Salsa Guacamole. It’s so easy!
All I do is mash 2 avocados and add 1/4 cup of salsa, and then I have a delicious guacamole dip for beef or chicken taquitos. Sometimes I even add a dollop of ranch dressing to make it a little creamy.
Another easy dip I like to make is Skillet Queso. You can whip it up in the microwave or on the stove. This is a crowd pleaser that will be gobbled up before you know it.
A deliciously cheesy and meaty dip for taquitos or tamales.
2 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
7 minTotal Time
- 1 can of no beans chili
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to kick it up a notch
- 1-2 tablespoons of brisket drippings
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped brisket
- 2 tabelspoons Skillet Queso
- 2 cups chicken brother
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until the cheese melts and it bubbles just a bit.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
- Enjoy with tortillas, tortilla chips, or corn chips.
- In a skillet on medium low, add the drippings.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix until you form a paste.
- Add the chopped brisket and Skillet Queso
- Stir until well combined.
- Next add chili powder, sugar, and cumin and mix together.
- Now pour in the chicken broth.
- Stir continuously until you feel it thicken.
- Remove from heat, pour into a bowl and serve.
Not only is Mexican Chili Gravy perfect for dipping tamales, I love dipping my taquitos in it, too. It’s so yummy!
Don’t forget to download your coupon – HERE!