[disclaim]This post contains affiliate links.[/disclaim]
For the past few years, I’ve been participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Each blogger is paired with three others, and we send a delicious batch of cookies to each one. It’s also a great way to help raise money for a charity. We each pay a small fee to join and all that money is sent to Cookies for Kids’ Cancers.
Today I’m going to share the recipe I made to send to my blogger matches this year. It’s Peanut Butter Cup Snickerdoodles. It’s just my basic snickerdoodle recipe with peanut butter cups hidden inside.
You can make these super easy and just buy a pack of Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle cookie mix and do it that way, too. Click HERE for a coupon for 50 cents off the cookie mixes!
After making up the cookie dough, I used a large ice cream scooper for one cookie. Then, I add a fun-size peanut butter cup and roll the cookie until the peanut butter cup is completely inside.
If you refrigerate the dough for about an hour, it makes rolling them into balls easier.
Then, I gently roll them in cinnamon and sugar.
And, next it was time to bake.
These are HUGE cookies, like bigger than the palm of my hand. So, I baked them for 13 minutes and they were perfect!
If you aren’t eating them while still warm, then I recommend heating them up for 10-5 seconds to warm up the peanut butter cup inside.Print
A delicious twist on the snickerdoodle cookie.
- 2 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of fun size peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cookie ingredients except peanut butter cups, into a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon mixture and set aside.
- Take an ice cream sized scoop into your hand, place a peanut butter cup in the middle.
- Gently roll it into a ball into your hand.
- Roll the ball into the sugar mixture and place on the cookie sheet.
- Space out cookies about 3-4 inches apart as they are big cookies!
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If serving after they cool, heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Would you like to be a part of The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap next year? Click HERE to sign up to be notified. Not only do you get to donate to a great cause, but brands partner as well and send you free products! This year I got coupons for Land o’Lakes, a silpat baking mat from Dixie Crystals, and a lovely set of measuring cups from OXO!
Check out a bunch of these delicious cookies on Instagram right HERE! I’d love to know your favorite!