My favorite part of summer is all the stone fruits. I love peach pies and cobblers, and I really love roasted and grilled peaches. A Peach Half Pie is something you are going to love!
Peaches were on sale at the store, so I thought, why not combine roasted peaches and peach pie? Just take half a peach and cover it with crust. So that’s just what I did.
Couldn’t that be like a mini peach pie? All packaged up perfectly? Why the heck hadn’t I thought of this sooner? I even searched Pinterest and did not see a single thing like what I wanted.
I decided to experiment a little. When I make grilled peaches, I add a spoonful of brown sugar and butter and a shake or two of cinnamon. Before I covered them in crust, I added a spoonful of brown sugar, a spoonful of softened butter, and a couple shakes of cinnamon.
I had a package of refrigerated pie crust in the fridge about to go bad, so I rolled them out and cut 5 inch circles. My original plan was to just cover the top of each peach, but my pie crust circles were a little bigger. I ended up folding them over a little. I kind of like how they came out, but next time I make these delicious little treats I’m going to go for 3-inch circles and just to see how that works.
When you pull them out of the oven, the bottoms of the peaches are very tender, so I decided to pop them into little ramekins to serve. They were fantastic. Your own little encapsulated peach pie — tender, flaky, and juicy. And, they are literally a snap to make. This is my new favorite dessert!
- 6 not too ripe peaches, washed, sliced in half, pit removed
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each peach in half, remove pit, and lay each peach half face up on a cookie sheet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar to each peach center.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to each peach center.
- Add a shake or two of cinnamon to each peach.
- Cut six 5-inch circles of pie crusts.
- Center the pie circle on each peach and fold over the edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.