[disclaim]This is a sponsored post on behalf of Proxeed plus. All opinions are my own.[/disclaim]
When a couple decides it’s time to have a baby, the woman usually does all kinds of things to prepare from starting prenatal vitamins to stopping drinking and eating healthier. It’s not often we think what men should be doing to get ready for trying to conceive as well.
According to a Harris Poll* conducted on behalf of Proxeed plus:
- Just less than half of new fathers (48%) did something to prepare to conceive
- About a third (34%) say they left the preparation to conceive up to their child’s mother
- A little more than a third of new fathers (36%) changed lifestyle habits (e.g., more exercise, changed diet, quit or reduced drinking) when preparing to conceive
* Harris Poll conducted this study on behalf of Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals. The survey was administered online within the United States between April 1 and 13, 2015, among 400 fathers ages 23-55 with a biological child under the age of 1 year old (“new fathers”).
Male fertility is definitely important. It can be responsible for up to 50% of couples who are experiencing infertility. Sperm health and quality begin to decline around the age of 25. Smoking, drinking, drugs, stress, poor nutrition, and lack of exercise can all contribute to poor sperm quality.ǂ
ǂThese statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
But….there are things you can do to improve male fertility! Here are 5 easy tips to help men when trying to conceive:
1. Reduce alcohol intake. Studies have shown that just a few drinks a week can inhibit sperm quality. It’s best to cut down or not drink any alcohol while trying to conceive. When we conceived our daughter, both of us were not drinking at all.
2. Quit smoking. Studies have also shown that smokers have lower semen quality and altered hormone levels with a decrease in sperm concentration and motility. My husband quit smoking a few months before I met him. It was almost a year since he quit when we got pregnant.
3. Reduce stress. This is so important! My husband relaxes after work by playing video games or playing his guitar. I think it’s very important for him to relax and shake the day off. Lower stress helps all aspects of your body.
4. Beware of the Heat. For sperm production, the testicles need even a lower heat than the human body, which is why they are found outside the body in the scrotum. When trying to conceive, it’s best to avoid hot tubs , saunas, and even laptops in your lap. Studies have documented DNA damage and sperm motility damage from too much heat. My husband doesn’t have a laptop, and he’s doesn’t use hot tubs or saunas. He also wears loose boxer shorts to help with the heat issue.
5. Take vitamins and supplements like Proxeed plus to aid in male fertility. Proxeed plus is a complete carnitine-based formula for male fertility that targets multiple sperm functions, including morphology, motility, concentration, count and linear projection. Carnitines help sperm production and support male reproductive health.
Proxeed plus comes in packets of powder that dissolve into water, juice, smoothies, and other cold beverages. My husband loves a good smoothie to drink on the way to work.
I’ve been making him this delicious Cherry Orange Banana Smoothie and adding his morning packet of Proxeed plus to it.
Cherry Orange Banana Smoothie
- 4 oz plain yogurt
- 1 clementine orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup water
- half a medium-sized banana
- about 6 frozen cherries
Making smoothies is so simple and quick with the Magic Bullet. You just add all the ingredients and twist, and you’re done in less than a minute.
This Cherry Orange Banana smoothie is quite tasty. It mixes into a beautiful color, and if you love banana and a little sweet tart flavor, this is the perfect smoothie. Another one I like to make him is with avocado and banana. The avocado makes it so smooth and creamy and a great way to mix the Proxeed plus powder as well.
Proxeed plus is an easy and simple way to support male reproductive health and sperm quality. It’s available for purchase via phone or online for $130.00 for a one-month supply, which is two boxes containing 30 packets each. You can use the coupon code PREP at checkout for $10 off purchase.
Proxeed plus is a complete carnitine-based formula for male fertility that targets multiple sperm functions, including morphology, motility, concentration, count and linear projection. For more information, visit www.proxeedplus.com
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received a Magic Bullet Mini Blender and two boxes of Proxeed plus for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.