This post was developed in partnership with In The Raw® and SheSpeaks. All opinions are my own.
Whenever I can, I like to cut the sugar in our diets. I have been hearing more and more about stevia, so I decided to give it a try with the NEW Organic Stevia In The Raw®.
Since having a baby, I’ve been drinking a cup of coffee each morning. I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but it does help me wake up and get the big kids to school. My husband jokes I like to have a little coffee in my cream because I like my coffee like you serve it to kids, just a little sweet with lots of milk. One packet of Organic Stevia In The Raw does a perfect job at sweetening my coffee every morning.
Organic Stevia In The Raw is the most newest addition to the In The Raw family of sweeteners. You can use it for any time you need to sweeten something from fruit to cookies and even smoothies. It’s available in convenient packets that are each only three calories, but each packet provide the sweetening equivalence of two teaspoons of sugar (which contains 32 calories). It is abourt $3.19 for a 40-count packet box and you can purchase it online or find a local retailer HERE. It is:
- USDA Organic Certified
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Vegan Certified
- Clean ingredient list
- Naturally Gluten-Free
When I was a kid my grandma was a diabetic, and she developed recipes for pies that required no sugar. Back then, we didn’t have stevia as a sweetener, so her pies, while delicious to me, were a little tart for some of my relatives. Now that we have sweeteners like stevia, I’ve been taking her pie recipes and sweetening them up just a bit with it.
I like making rustic tarts the way my grandma would make her no sugar pies. Today I’ve got an easy recipe for No Sugar Apple Rustic Tartlets that uses stevia. They’re perfect for fall or even Thanksgiving. Who doesn’t love a little tartlet you can eat with your hands?
Here’s how to make these easy No Sugar Rustic Apple Tartlets:
Soften a brick of cream cheese and add 3 packets of Organic Stevia In The Raw and stir it up.
Next, take refrigerated pie crusts and cut 6-inch circles. I can get about 4 per pie crust.
Then, add a tablespoon of the stevia sweetened cream cheese to the center of each one.
To make my no sugar pies and tarts, I like to use canned apples packed in water. They aren’t sweetened at all, so I can sweeten them myself with stevia. I also add apple pie spice and then stir them up.
I add about 3 slices of apples per tartlet.
Then, I fold the tartlets up and add an egg wash to the crust.
Then, it’s time to bake. I found baking for about 20 minutes on 400 F degrees get them nice and golden brown.Print
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 can apples packed in water
- 6 packets of Organic Stevia In The Raw
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Cut each pie crust into 3-4 6-inch circles.
- Add 3 packets of Organic Stevia In The Raw to the cream cheese and mix it together until combined.
- Add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each pie crust circle.
- Drain the canned apples and combine them with 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice and 3 packets of Organic Stevia In The Raw.
- Add 3-4 slices of apples on top of the cream cheese in each pie crust circle.
- Fold the edges of the pie crusts inward.
- Beat 1 egg and baste it onto each pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 tartlet
This is a perfect little afternoon snack with a cup of coffee — all sweetened with Organic Stevia In The Raw
SheSpeaks is hosting a giveaway for Organic Stevia In The Raw. Four Lucky Winners Will Win Organic Stevia In The Raw® Swag with a One Month Supply of Organic Stevia In The Raw and One Will WIN A $50 Grocery Gift Card. Click here to enter!