When I’m short on time for dinner, I’ve come to depend on my instant pot and air fryer. This Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo is delicious and made from scratch very quickly.
How long does it take from start to finish to make this Fettuccine Alfredo in the Instant Pot?
It should take less than 25 minutes from start to finish.
It usually takes about 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to reach the high pressure to cook, and with about 7 minutes for the fettuccine pasta to cook, that’s about 17 minutes. Then, the alfredo sauce will take about 5 minutes or so from start to finish.
That’s less than 30 minutes to get this meal done from start to finish!
What do you need to make Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo?
You will need a box of fettuccine pasta as well as minced garlic, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and butter. You’ll also want salt, pepper, and you can also use parsley (but if you don’t have parsley, you can totally make this without it.).
How do you make Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo?
Break the pasta in half and place it in the instant pot. Fill the instant pot with water to fully submerge the pasta.
Close lid and close the pressure valve. Set pressure cook (or if your instant pot doesn’t have that setting use Manual High Pressure) and cook for 7 minutes. Manually release the pressure when done.
Remove and drain the pasta and set aside.
Set the instant pot to sauté, and add the butter.
Once the butter is completely melted add the garlic and cook for 45 seconds, until the garlic is aromatic. Stir to prevent burning.
Now add the cream and let it come to a boil.
Once cream is boiling, add the grated parmesan and spices. Stir constantly and cook for 3-5 minutes until your desired thickness is achieved.
Serve Alfredo sauce over the fettuccine and top with shredded parmesan.
Recipes perfect for Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- Simple Tomato Basil Salad
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Bruschetta
- Red Italian House Dressing
- Italian Zeppole Doughnuts
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- Place pasta in the instant pot and fill with water to fully submerge the pasta. Close lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed.
- Pressure cook for 7 minutes. Manually release the pressure when done.
- Remove and drain the pasta and set aside.
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add the butter to melt.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic and cook for 45 seconds or so, until it's aromatic.
- Stir to prevent burning. Add the cream and let it come to a boil.
- Once cream is boiling, add the grated parmesan and spices.
- Keep stirring and cook for 3-5 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve the alfredo sauce over the fettuccine and top with additional shredded parmesan, if desired.
Come Join Us!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube!
Come over and join us on Facebook in the group Recipes, Crafts, and more with TipToe Fairy or Sewing and Crafting with The TipToe Fairy!