Here in Texas, it’s been 100° or more nearly every day the past 2 weeks. By the time we get back home, I don’t want to cook dinner and heat up the house. For our pizza nights, I like to grill it! This time around not only did we grill the pizza, we grilled the ENTIRE MEAL – Salad, Pizza, even Dessert!!
The other day I was thinking up meals that didn’t require heating up my kitchen. They also needed to be quick and easy since we’re getting into the “Back to School” routine. That’s when I decided Pizza Night would fit the bill, especially pizza that we can grill! So, I headed to Walmart to pick up JACK’S® Pizzas and few other items.
They have become my favorite pizzas. I love the way they cook on the grill. It’s got that taste like it’s just come from a brick oven.
Since we were going to grill the pizza, I thought why not grill the entire meal! We started out with JACK’S® Pizzas, romaine hearts, and peaches. I also whipped up a fresh Caesar vinaigrette and some Dulce de Leche whipped cream (both on the blog soon!) to finish off our meal.
You will not believe how easy this is! It’s a perfectly relaxed meal without heating up the kitchen! Here’s what you need:
2 frozen pizzas
2 Romaine Hearts
1/4 cup brown sugar
Caesar vinaigrette dressing
1. To begin, use olive oil to oil up the grill so the fruit and veggies don’t stick. Then, heat up the grill to medium-high.
2. Wash and slice the romaine hearts down the middle. Remove any wilting pieces or anything not attached. I also cut the top 1-inch off.
3. Drizzle olive oil on each romaine heart.
4. Wash the peaches and cut each peach in half and remove the pits.
5. Prepare a small bowl of brown sugar and a spoon to take with you to the grill.
6. Once the grill is ready, place the peaches and romaine hearts middle down.
- Grill the peaches for 5 minutes on each side until they fill a little squishy, no longer firm.
- Grill the romaine hearts for 3 minutes on each side, until the leaves are little wilted.
7. Flip the peaches and romaine hearts over at the correct times.
8. Then, add a spoonful of brown sugar to the center of each peach.
9. Take the romaine hearts off after 6 minutes total.
10. Turn the grill up to reach 400°, but let the peaches continue grilling. Close the lid.
11. When the grill is up to 400°, add the pizzas directly to the grill
- Grill the pizzas at 400° for 14-15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and turning a little brown.
12. This is probably when the peaches should come off. Wait until they lose their firmness and the brown sugar is mostly melted.
13. While the pizzas are cooking, drizzle Caesar vinaigrette on the romaine hearts with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Look at those peaches! They look absolutely perfect!
14. Remove them from the grill and bring them in the house to cool. Make fresh whipped cream and top the centers of the peaches once they’ve cooled slightly.
15. When the crust is crispy and the cheese is bubbly (about 15 minutes), remove the pizzas from the grill.
16. Allow the pizzas to cool for just a minute before slicing.
This was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time. Nate loved it. The kids loved it. I loved it. It was so easy, and it came out to perfection!
This is the perfect week night meal that takes less than 30 minutes. It is definitely going in my menu planning regularly while the summer heat is here.
Come Join Us!
Liked this article and want more? Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube!
Come over and join us on Facebook in the group Recipes, Crafts, and more with TipToe Fairy or Sewing and Crafting with The TipToe Fairy!
What a great idea for the entire meal! Love all three 🙂
I think it is a great idea to provide an entire menu for the grill…complete with instructions as to when to take off the food based on what´s going on with the rest of the meal! It hasn´t been so hot in Wisconsin this summer…but I still love me some grillin´!
So inspired! What fabulous grilling.
Ohhhhh! I love grilled fruit. Peaches are absolutely best that way!
Pizza on the grill- what a great idea!
This looks amazing! I would never have thought to grill pizza but it makes so much sense.
It’s so much better than in the oven!
This all looks soo good and I wouldn’t have thought to grill some of these.
everything looks delicious Stephanie! I am a huge fan of grilling to keep the heat out of my kitchen!
those peaches look delicious!!! and your purple hair is AMAZING!!!!
Wow! This is an amazing idea and a great way to enjoy a meal outside!! The pizza, peaches, and romaine all look delicious! #client