I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
I love mashed potatoes in just about any way they come. They are perfect to serve anytime of year with a special holiday dinner or just a regular week night. When I make mashed potatoes, I usually use at least one stick of butter. However, I’ve been trying to find a way to make them a bit healthier.
When I was shopping at Walmart the other day, I was excited to see that STAR Olive Oils has come out with a new butter flavored olive oil. So, I decided to try my garlic and cream cheese mashed potatoes with butter flavored olive oil instead of butter. Switching to olive oil from butter is a very easy way to make something healthier and less calorie. Plus, with a butter flavored olive oil you won’t even realize a difference in taste.Print
- 6–7 large red potatoes, cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup + 2 tbs of Star Butter Flavor Olive Oil
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut red potatoes into cubes. (Peel skins if desired)
- Boil potatoes until tender. Then, remove from heat and drain.
- Add cream cheese, Star Butter Flavor olive oil, garlic, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash all the ingredients together until potatoes are well mashed and ingredients are all incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
And guess what? STAR Olive Oil is giving away 10 bottles of their new butter flavored olive oil on their Facebook page! Go here to enter to win!
You can check out even more recipe ideas with #STAROliveOil on this Pinterest board: