This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Do you like to eat cereal for more than just breakfast? I sure do. I like to eat it any time for lunch or a late night snack, and the kids frequently eat it after school. I also like to bake with it as a topping for casseroles or in cookie bars and more. This weekend I made an amazing Chicken Noodle Zucchini Casserole with cereal as a crunchy topping.
Post makes some of our favorite cereals. On my last Walmart shopping trip I stocked up with Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O’s, Berry Colossal Crunch, and my youngest daughter’s favorite Kung Fu Panda Po Power Crunch, which is a new cereal you can find at Walmart. Post has so many choices of cereal so everyone can find one they like.
Cereal is actually one of my favorite ingredients when I bake. Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O’s is the perfect topping for my creamy chicken casserole. It adds a little bit of crunch and a little bit of sweet. Your family is going to love this casserole. It has quickly become a favorite in our house.
Before I put everything together, I shredded 4 zucchinis in my food processor to make about 3 cups, and I cubed 7 slices of sourdough bread. Then, I combined all the ingredients together.
I mixed it all up and added chicken broth to make it just the right consistency. I only added about 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth as I didn’t want it too soupy.
Then, it was time to put it in the casserole dish. I used a 9 x 13 baking dish that I had sprayed with nonstick spray.
This was the fun part. I crushed about 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O’s cereal, coarsely. I used the food processor, but you can also do it in the blender or crush it by hand with a rolling pin and a ziplock bag.
My youngest loves helping me cook, so she was the official cereal girl, and she sprinkled it all over the casserole. Then, it was time to bake!
I baked it for 35 minutes. I kept it tightly covered with foil for the first 25 minutes, and then for the last 10 minutes, I removed the foil and baked it uncovered.
Before serving, I like to let it cool for a few minutes. This way it thickens up a bit.
This casserole smells so wonderful when it’s ready. Everyone was very excited for dinner. The combination of the crunchy cereal topping and the creamy casserole makes this such a favorite meal at our house.Print
- 2 cans of chunk chicken
- 3-4 zucchinis (about 3 cups shredded)
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of frozen egg noodles
- 6 slices of sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Crunch O’s, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Drain chicken.
- Shred the zucchini.
- Cube the bread.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, shredded zucchini, bread, eggs, Greek yogurt, minced garlic, egg noodles, and chicken soup.
- Mix well and add about 2 cups of chicken broth. Continue mixing.
- If it looks a little dry, add an extra 1/2 to 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Transfer all of it to the casserole dish.
- Crush the cereal and sprinkle on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
I’d love to know what you do with cereal besides just eating it for breakfast! Do you ever bake with it?