This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® . The opinions and text are all mine.
As moms we all know what summer means — playing outside! During the summer my kids love to be outside. With three kids it can get expensive. One thing my two youngest love to do is go to splash pads or spray grounds, which are usually at city parks and are free! We live in a small rural town so we don’t have one — yet! I scour the cities around us to find the best splash pads and spray grounds to try all summer long.
As moms, we know the importance of making sunscreen a priority, especially during the summer. Did you know that sunscreen does more than protect against sunburns?
It also protects against long-term effects that you can’t always see, like skin damage and skin cancer.
My preschooler has been begging for a picnic, so as a celebration for the start of summer and the end of school, we headed to a new splash pad park for lunch.
We love splash pads. I don’t have to worry about drowning, and I can sit back and relax a little. This one is such a great location — tucked away down a long winding road next to a quiet neighborhood.
When we arrived it was packed, but luckily we were able to find a grandma who happily let us share half of her shaded picnic table. We ate and I covered my 5 yr old and 11 yr old with Banana Boat.
Do you really need to reapply sunscreen?
- Absolutely you need to reapply sunscreen, even more often after swimming and excessive sweating.
- Make sunscreen application fun by making up songs to sing while applying sunscreen.
- Before heading out, consider how much sunscreen you’ll need and how often to apply it. Remember to bring sunscreen for ALL outdoor activities, hikes, bike rides, swimming or even just a meal out in the backyard.
- About 30 minutes before going outside make sure to apply about 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of sunscreen to you and your kids’ entire bodies.
- Don’t forget to reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
They had a blast! There was a bit of a breeze, so it wasn’t extremely hot. Mr E and Miss M shot either other with water cannons. Mr E was such a good big brother taking his little sister around to all the water fun.
Miss M waited forever to have a big bucket of water dumped on her. Then, she was about a foot too far to the left!
Banana Boat® sun care products are tested in seven conditions – sun, pool water, ocean water, wind, sweat, sand and extreme heat – to provide safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection for the entire family.*